Fibaro dimmer s1 and s2 problem

Hi guys,
I’ve got a Fibaro dimmer unit and S2 interferes with S1 functionality
I’ve configures the Fibaro Dimmer in Vera Light UI5 with the following parameters
14 1BD 0 momentary switches on S1 and S2
12 1BD 30 (trying to get it to work with an LED dimmer)
20 1BD 126 (trying to get it to work with an LED dimmer)
and set the association to Group 2 and selected the light (Light 2) I want S2 to control

If I just use S1 then Light 1 turns on/off
If I just use S2 then Light 2 turns on/off
If I use S1 then use S2 then Light 1 turn on and Light 2 turn on/off
If I use S2 then use S1 then Light 2 turns on but Light 1 does not turn on/off. I have to press S1 several times for Light 1 functionality to return

Has anyone come across this before? Have I missed something out? Could I have a faulty dimmer module?
Your feedback would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Philip

Hi,

Can you check if the momentary switches are wired normally closed or normally open?

Sometimes the switches will have three terminals - Comm, L1, and L2.

Make sure the wiring goes to Comm and L1. This ensures it is normally open.

Mark

Hi Mark,
thanks for your reply, the switches I’m using only have normally open contacts so that’s not where the issue lies. I’ve not had chance yet to test another dimmer module, perhaps I have a dud one. I’ll update this post when I’ve checked.
Cheers,
Philip

I have some early fibaro dimmers, on which the S2 input are really unusable. I have relocated those to places where I don’t need the S2 input.
Do you have a recent fw version? I know for sure 1.4 has issues.

I have the same issue, just haven’t come across a fix yet. Basically when I trigger the S2 switch, S1 doesn’t work unless I click it 3 times, then functionality resumes. +1 on anyone with a solution!!

I have the same problem with V1.9. I also has another dimmer with Ver 2.2. It works fine. However, Ver 2.2 also could not use S2 to trigger scene.

How do I check the version number???

In the device list, tap the wrench sign of that dimmer. Under Setting, version number. You can see a series if figures. The last figure is the version number.

I am sorry to inform that Version 2.2 is a also not perfect. If S2 is connected, and left without touching for a while (not sure for how long, in my case, 2 hours), I need to press the S1 button 3 times to active the dimmer. After that it become normal even if S2 is pressed.

I have two dimmer which are version 2.2. They are both the same.

Anyway, it is just improved from version 1.9 but did not solve the problem completely.

On the Fibaro relay module, pressing S1 three times enters learning/pairing mode. Is it the same for the dimmer module?

On the Fibaro relay module, pressing S1 three times enters learning/pairing mode. Is it the same for the dimmer module?
Yes it is.

hey guys, been away for a while but back now and need to sort out this problem. From what you’ve all said, am I right in understanding that the Fibaro dimmer/relay module is not fit for purpose? I’ve just bought a shed load from Vesternet but if they don’t do what they say you can do, well, I’ll need to get them replaced with a different manufacturer. I figured Fibaro was a good manufacturer.

I’m waiting for Fibaro to authenticate my forum subscription so as I can post the problem their, hopefully I’ll get an answer

Right!
I have the answer!

There is a bug with the Fibaro Dimmer v1.9 firmware. The only way to reliably get S2 association to work without losing function/reliability of S1 is to set Configuration Settings 10 to 0 which makes the Dimmer module function correctly, but you are losing a nice ‘soft start’ feature.

Here is the post on the Fibaro Forum [url=http://forum.fibaro.com/viewtopic.php?t=1345&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30]http://forum.fibaro.com/viewtopic.php?t=1345&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30[/url]

Hi Wedesco,

Relay switch work well. There is no problem with using S2. I used quite a number of them. The S2 can also use to control the other dimmer for dimming function if you set the parameter right. I also use other maker module, i think Fibaro is better. First of all, it is better in size and the S2 is a very useful function.

L3H…

Thanks for the info
The kind guys at Vesternet are replacing all my 1.9 dimmer modules with 2.2 dimmer modules which should fix the problem.
Cheers,
Philip

[quote=“L3handyman, post:9, topic:176313”]I am sorry to inform that Version 2.2 is a also not perfect. If S2 is connected, and left without touching for a while (not sure for how long, in my case, 2 hours), I need to press the S1 button 3 times to active the dimmer. After that it become normal even if S2 is pressed.

I have two dimmer which are version 2.2. They are both the same.

Anyway, it is just improved from version 1.9 but did not solve the problem completely.[/quote]

i am going through the same problem. did you find the solution to it?
(http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17552.0.html)

I am using a solution that do not use association but instead PLEG and the original device’s device properties. See http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17409.msg135039.html#msg135039

I have dimmers with fw 1.19

Hi Guys, I know this is an old topic I started a while back, but noticed that the issue of having to press s1 three times to get the lamp to turn on if I have s2 control another device through association has raised it’s ugly head (perhaps I’ve not noticed it until I used s2 on my bedside reading lamp module to turn off all lights so i get to experience it every night). so I started to dig around and found a related topic on the fibaro forum.
If you set configuration parameter 10 to zero i.e lamps don’t fade in/out then magically the s1 function works correctly when you use s2 to control another device through association.
just thought I’d pass it on. :slight_smile: