Fibaro dimmer capabilities via Association

Dear all,

I understand the the Fibaro dimmer works well with a mono-stable switch connected directly to the first clamp in the sense it allows the user to turn the lamp on, off as well as dim up or down by holding.

Is it possible to replicate this functionality for the second switch when controlling a lamp module by association? Ie could i have it so in addition to the switch turning the lamp on and off, it will also dim it up or down by holding the second switch?

Many thanks in advance.

[quote=“BARThompson, post:1, topic:173656”]Dear all,

I understand the the Fibaro dimmer works well with a mono-stable switch connected directly to the first clamp in the sense it allows the user to turn the lamp on, off as well as dim up or down by holding.

Is it possible to replicate this functionality for the second switch when controlling a lamp module by association? Ie could i have it so in addition to the switch turning the lamp on and off, it will also dim it up or down by holding the second switch?

Many thanks in advance.[/quote]

Sure, as long as your second lamp module is a dimmer!
(And your Fibaro isn’t a very early one (the early ones had some bugs with the number two button))

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2

What are the steps for doing this in the Veralite web-console?

Many thanks

Wells i’m on vacation in Thailand now, so i don’t have the ui in front of me, but just add a direct association on channel two to the device you want to control on the fibaro that you want to be the controlling device. This is documented in the wiki iirc.

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2