Feuture Request

It would be nice with a function Called Share your Reactor. So you can share a Reactor and the one that gets it just can change the device IDs in the shared Reactor :smiley:
/ Mattias

Tell me moreā€¦

I mean like if i make a complexed logic i can easy share it with others that want it . Maybe in a Reactor LogicStore where people can upload there logics with a description what it is for and how it works and what kind of sensors/lights etc you needā€¦ or just a button that creates a downloadable link with the reactor.

Maybe its alot of work to make something like it, it was just a thoughtā€¦
/Mattias

On the face of it, this seems like a nice idea. Thinking a bit more, Iā€™m personally not sure how many use cases there actually would be.

Also, does the backup functionality allow something similar? Iā€™ve never tried it

C

1 Like

Smartthings WebCore has a similar feature and it is widely used. As Reactor grows with features, this could be very useful.

2 Likes

+1 for this, for the purely selfish reason that i have three different setups at 3 different houses and it would be nice to be able to create them in one and share them with the others.

Backup and restore in the Reactor device may be a starting point for this. I recognize itā€™s not a perfect solution for the requested feature, but it can address some applications.

so you want an easy way of ā€œsharing scenesā€?

That seems unlikely given the massive advantages of reactor devices over the current scene capabilities

C

3 Likes

Succinct, @Catman. Paraphrasing @rafale77 's similar point elsewhere, to build such a feature in Vera scenes is building too far above an incomplete foundation.

Iā€™d add that both the Atom and the new PlugHub, being similarly limited and with the additional problem of not supporting plugins/workarounds like Reactor, were/are premature and likely stand to taint the market with an impression of eZLO products that will not be easily overcome. Again, the foundation is too weak on these products, even for most entry-level users.

3 Likes

ā€œscenesā€ as Reactor Logicsā€¦ with the Reactorplugin you can make very complex and useful logics to your system and it would then be a great ide to have a reactor Logic store where users can share there complex logics. /Mattias

2 Likes

we are building a whole new platform for rule engineā€¦

Donā€™t take this the wrong way, but that hardly fills me with confidenceā€¦

C

Donā€™t take this the wrong way, I didnā€™t post that to fill you with confidence.

1 Like

Why would you?

Iā€™m only a customer. One of several that frequent this forum, and, I hope, assist others of your customer base in exchange for assistance from others that know about things I donā€™t know.

Fortunately (for me) Iā€™m not one of the ones who have had their experience damaged by the latest firmware release.

C

4 Likes

Happy for you to give us feedback about how we can improve the productsā€¦
Not happy with your rude approach.
you have to show respect to get respect back.

I respectfully disagree. You as the business owner need to show respect no matter how rude your customer is. In this case, I donā€™t even sense that @Catman was all that rude. You replied to this topic with a not so useful comment which can be seen as dismissive, about your plans. For a large number of us, these plans have filled us with both hopes and disappointments. Some in crushing manners. He was just expressing that disappointment and loss of trust. You on the other hand showed lack of respect.

All of us in this community are investing time testing, sharing, investigating, proposing solutions for the ultimate success of your ezlo/vera. I personally spent endless hours on the vera figuring out problems and resolving them either myself or through requests to your team. For us to have our wish for features ignored is one thing. To ignore altogether our feedback for critical failures of your beta is a completely different one altogether. It is disrespectful but above it all, it is a recipe for disaster for you. The foundation or base of your pyramid is crumbling and half baked, you spend all your time loading the tip with secondary and optional code and features. I was very encouraged and excited by @edwardā€™s work on the alpha version. Not perfect but a huge step in the direction of normalcy for an HA controller and now you somehow found the way to sabotage it with some aggressive could bonding.
If you are not pleased with the lack of respect, earn it!

3 Likes

Rafale77

Thanks for agreeing that Catman was rude.
There simply is no room or need to be rude. If you donā€™t like the product, donā€™t use it. Just because one does not like something does not give them the right to be rude!
With the same token, I havenā€™t done anything to catman to ā€œearn his rudenessā€!

I think you read rafael 77 s answer a bit to fast.

We all have the same goal!

But can we please keep this thread about the topiq.

/ Mattias

2 Likes

Melih if you took that as rude, I apologise unreservedly.

I have not deleted the comment, so others may make up their mind.

C