Features Request

Hi

I bought this app today. I have not tried the push notifications yet. That’s one of the main reasons, I bought this app on top of having iVera. It’s great to see the display options to sort/custom and also like the Favorites on the bottom menu. I really like the app and would like to request the following improvements.

When I go to rooms, the bottom shortcut Bar (ie. Favorites, Devices, Scenes and Rooms) vanishes. This should be on always.

Configurable Shortcut bar. Options to add Categories like Lights, Sensors, Thermostat, Cameras.

Option to hide a particular Device/Scene/Room in the whole app.

Nice border display and bright background for each device. Currently it looks dull.

Bigger Font for Device/Scene names.

Not sure purpose of “watts” display for each device. It would be nice to display % of Battery life there.

Thanks

Hi, glad you like the app. This ability exists already (at least for devices and scenes). Go to the advanced properties and enable Hidden option. The custom sorting option allows you to show/hide hidden items (so they don’t get lost forever).

I’ll look into the others. The navigation tabs are different than iVera. With favorites and custom sorting I would be interested if you still like that navigation concept (tabs by device type) after some regular use.

Enjoy the free push notifications. I have found them to be tremendously useful, particularly with iOS 5’s ability to show a history of items in the notification center.

Thanks for the response… Seriously, you developed a killer app for Vera… I tired the Push Notifications and i just get the notification in the next second which is awesome…

I tried hiding the scene and it does not seem work for me. I went to the advanced properties and “Hide in Lists” is selected. But i still see the scene in my app. Could you please elaborate on the Show/Hide hidden items option in custom sorting option?

Having separate Sensors and Lights tabs (instead of only Devices) in the bottom menu bar is very useful. For example, If I see a sensor activity in my home and i can just go to that Sensor tab and see what other sensors are getting triggered. Its very hard to browse when you have close to 40 devices connected to Vera.

By the way, i really like the favorites!! Its very helpful to have my usual Scenes and Lights for easy access.

You got my 5 * rating in itunes already :-))

Another thing under Rooms, I should be able to see all the rooms directly when I click Rooms. Currently it shows Home and Unassigned. Actually it would be nice to display all the rooms directly and display unassigned as one of the rooms at the bottom.

Thanks

Thanks!

I tried hiding the scene and it does not seem work for me. I went to the advanced properties and "Hide in Lists" is selected. But i still see the scene in my app. Could you please elaborate on the Show/Hide hidden items option in custom sorting option?

I was just verifying this and there may be an issue. For a scene it appears the checkmark is appearing next to “hide in lists” initially, which it shouldn’t be. Try unchecking then re-checking the hide in lists option.

Having separate Sensors and Lights tabs (instead of only Devices) in the bottom menu bar is very useful. For example, If I see a sensor activity in my home and i can just go to that Sensor tab and see what other sensors are getting triggered. Its very hard to browse when you have close to 40 devices connected to Vera.

I’ll look into this.

By the way, i really like the favorites!! Its very helpful to have my usual Scenes and Lights for easy access.

Yep, I rarely go past the favorites on the iPhone. On the iPad I don’t use favorites as much.

You got my 5 * rating in itunes already :-))

Not going to argue with that :slight_smile:

Understood. It kinda depends on how you organize your house. I use sections for each floor of the house, then rooms within. If you don’t use sections it seems a bit redundant. I will look into this for sure as my understanding is that UI5 does not have sections anymore.

Like you said, the Hide in Lists is selected by default. It does not go away even if deselect and and click done. If I visit the properties, I see that selection again. I could not hide the scenes.

Thanks

[quote=“barath, post:7, topic:169638”]Like you said, the Hide in Lists is selected by default. It does not go away even if deselect and and click done. If I visit the properties, I see that selection again. I could not hide the scenes.

Thanks[/quote]

I’ll dig into this.

Indeed, currently UI5 doesn’t have sections, but Aaron said that they will be put back.

Indeed, currently UI5 doesn’t have sections, but Aaron said that they will be put back.[/quote]

Please please please put the sections back!

Indeed, currently UI5 doesn’t have sections, but Aaron said that they will be put back.[/quote]

Please please please put the sections back![/quote]

Sections are not available in UI5. If you do not already have sections available (e.g. upgraded from UI4), there is no way of adding them.

• Garrett

Please please please put the sections back![/quote]

Sections are not available in UI5. If you do not already have sections available (e.g. upgraded from UI4), there is no way of adding them.

• Garrett[/quote]

I had the sections with UI4. But not anymore with UI5.
The only solution I’ve found so far is to rename all the modules with a number first. For a section every modules name start with a 1. For other section start with a 2, and so on…