Feature: Voice Commands?

How cool would that be!?!

http://developer.android.com/resources/articles/speech-input.html

Maybe “Activate Scene”, “Living Room On”, etc.

Great app BTW… use it all the time!

I put that on my todo list a while back as I would like that feature as well. I’ll get to it eventually.

I first imagined implementing this as an icon which, when clicked, would display a HAL 9000 eye waiting to be ordered… but then thought that might be too creepy. I’ll stick with the standard speech input screen.

Perhaps a “I’m sorry Dave, I can’t do that” upon an error

Speak-a-Scene has been added to v0.28

What can you command by voice ? Only scenes ?
And where do you define the language ? I would like to speak french while I use an english firmware (english indication on the voice screen). That is probably the reason why it does not work for me.

Right now yes, only scenes. Home Buddy uses Google’s speech recognition API which uses the locale in your device’s settings.

By device, you mean phone ? My phone language is defined as french. But in the window displayed when I click on the phone button (is it a generic Android window or a window from your application ?), “english” is mentioned.

Yes, device is your Android phone or tablet.
In the settings under ‘Locale and text’ you can specify the ‘Locale setting’, which is the language the device uses for it’s UI.
In the settings under ‘Voice input and output’, you can specify the language of speach to be recognized under ‘Voice recognition setting → Language’.

In the settings under ‘Locale and text’ you can specify the ‘Locale setting’, which is the language the device uses for it’s UI.
In the settings under ‘Voice input and output’, you can specify the language of speach to be recognized under ‘Voice recognition setting → Language’.[/quote]

All is setup to French on my Android phone but voice recognition does not work with Home Buddy. My feeling would be that Home Buddy does not use the right language (because of the text displayed on the screen that mention english).
What other Android application can I use just to test voice recognition ?

In the settings under ‘Voice input and output’, you can specify the language of speach to be recognized under ‘Voice recognition setting → Language’.[/quote]

All is setup to French on my Android phone but voice recognition does not work with Home Buddy. My feeling would be that Home Buddy does not use the right language (because of the text displayed on the screen that mention english).
What other Android application can I use just to test voice recognition ?[/quote]

Ok it is working now 8) I had to force French as the language of speach to be recognized. Previously it was to “Default (French)” but English was considered.

This feature is really cool 8)

Très bon! :slight_smile:

Can speak-a scene be used outside of the app, such as with a widget? That would be cool.

I’m working on that… problem is it takes too long to start up voice recognition from a cold start. I’m looking to see if it can be optimized.

that would be ideal. :slight_smile: