[Feature Request] Sound notification

Hi,

I would appreciate a feature where I could get sound from AutHomation when a device enters a certain mode or contains a value of some sort.
Reason is that Im using my setup as a alarm system and I would like to get audio feedback id the alarm is triggered whiled armed and so I can respond to that and turn of the alarm before It gets triggered for real with sirens, whistles and bells.

This is a job for Vera Alerts. It’s plug and play.

agreed BUT I’m curious if Richard is interested in doing anything with Veralerts - I posted several feature request and he has not commented on any of them.

I think that he’s got more than enough going on. He devotes an incredible amount of time developing open source software and he basically single-handedly is providing community support for PLEG. I too would like to see a LOT more from his and other plugins but I really can’t complain as I don’t have the skills to contribute.

Why don’t you just use VeraAlerts and the “{tone:X}” option? This seems like the easiest way to do what you want and you can either set it to happen when a standard vera notification occurs, or you can use LUUP code to do it.

For instance, I use the text to speech option to tell me “The front door is unlocked” by putting “{tone:tts}The front door is unlocked” as my message in vera alerts. In the app you can evern set up 5 notification sounds and tell it to use those by including {tone:X} where x is 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. In addition to that, you can set up earicons (I think that’s what they’re called" to use custom notification sounds outside the ones above (used when using {tone:tts}. For instance “{tone:tts}<>The front door is unlocked” where I have an earicon names ‘chime’ in my device. The sad part is that you have to set up earicons for each device, but the {tone:X} works, I do believe, without configuration on the client side.

The only downside that I’ve found to VeraAlerts is that some of my devices get notifcations at varying times. Even my phone which is often quite quick at getting them sometimes takes a while (no longer than say a minute). I don’t think this is VeraAlert’s fault, but the google service it is using (that introduces the lag). I have one tablet that often says the messages 5 minutes after! I think that one though is the actual table (Original Asus Transformer).

Veralerts would be the app to use. As it would give you almost instant status of the devices. My app when background polling is enabled is defaulted to 30 minutes which can be changed. An upcoming version will have almost instant updates while the app is loaded. So this feature would not work so well for what you want. By using Veralerts, you’ll be able to get almost instant notifications of what is going on. You can also use the Push Notification Plugin as well. AutHomationHD is intended to be a control app and not an automation / notification type app.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:6, topic:176746”]Veralerts would be the app to use. As it would give you almost instant status of the devices. My app when background polling is enabled is defaulted to 30 minutes which can be changed. An upcoming version will have almost instant updates while the app is loaded. So this feature would not work so well for what you want. By using Veralerts, you’ll be able to get almost instant notifications of what is going on. You can also use the Push Notification Plugin as well. AutHomationHD is intended to be a control app and not an automation / notification type app.

• Garrett[/quote]

Well it would be swell if it wasn’t for the fact I need a Micasaverde account to even obtain the plugin. So I guess it won’t work even if I got hold of the files and did a manual install?

In my belives the only thing I want from Micasaverde is bug fixes and not their surveliance of my traffic and their poor security. No my vera is tucked away behind firewalls and inside it’s own VLAN.

But if anyone could supply me with the manual install of the VeraAlerts I would gladly try it since it sound like just the thing I want :slight_smile:

Btw It’s a very good app your Authomation.

[quote=“SirMeili, post:5, topic:176746”]Why don’t you just use VeraAlerts and the “{tone:X}” option? This seems like the easiest way to do what you want and you can either set it to happen when a standard vera notification occurs, or you can use LUUP code to do it.

For instance, I use the text to speech option to tell me “The front door is unlocked” by putting “{tone:tts}The front door is unlocked” as my message in vera alerts. In the app you can evern set up 5 notification sounds and tell it to use those by including {tone:X} where x is 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. In addition to that, you can set up earicons (I think that’s what they’re called" to use custom notification sounds outside the ones above (used when using {tone:tts}. For instance “{tone:tts}<>The front door is unlocked” where I have an earicon names ‘chime’ in my device. The sad part is that you have to set up earicons for each device, but the {tone:X} works, I do believe, without configuration on the client side.

The only downside that I’ve found to VeraAlerts is that some of my devices get notifcations at varying times. Even my phone which is often quite quick at getting them sometimes takes a while (no longer than say a minute). I don’t think this is VeraAlert’s fault, but the google service it is using (that introduces the lag). I have one tablet that often says the messages 5 minutes after! I think that one though is the actual table (Original Asus Transformer).[/quote]

It sound great but the reasons I stated in the reply above I’t might not work in my case. And the fact that it relies on googles services kinda gets me disturbed since I don’t want my notifications route trough the web before reaching my house again.

So if I don’t need to run the traffic outside my home and if there is a way to install the plugin manual as I’ve done with my other plugins I would glady give it a try.

If you are so concerned skip Google and cp.mios all together and use ssh. Post about it in the Vera Alerts forum.

Yupp, I am running a SSH tunnel and it works fine and wouldn’t dream of running my traffic through cp.mios (nsa) google (nsa) :wink:

Everybody should be conserned regarding security in products they buy and especially in tech like this.