Feature request: control panel transition options

What I have in mind is have the option to change how the control panels cycle. Actually, all I have in mind is “no transition;” nothing fancy.

Currently, if I press the “Home” button from one of my control panels, the home panel pushes the control panel downward. If I then press any of the control panel icons, the associated panel pushes the home panel upward. What I have in mind is an instant transition… no pushing, wiping, fading, etc.

Why: what I have in mind is to create all of the control panels to be the same: just a map of the home, either floor plan or isometric. Each control panel will do something different: lights, security, climate control, whatever. With no transition, the panels will just switch seamlessly between each other. Having any kind of transition is undesirable for this kind of setup.

Just a thought. This, by the way, would dovetail nicely with the new “forward/back” functionality in v2.3.

Not too hard to add :slight_smile:

I had hoped that was the case! :wink:

Others may want different kinds of transitions, while you’re adding the functionality… but for me, I don’t really care about the transition type until I’m trying to create the appearance of just “turning on/off” elements on the screen. While reading this thread, I thought it would also come in handy for @mjbok.

+1

I have the exact same setup, a house floor plan and some buttons at the top which work as tabs, with the active tab a different shade to the rest.

Works and looks perfect except for the transition which slides in sideways unnaturally. (iPad landscape view)

Minor detail in the grand scheme of things but thanks for looking into it!

@intveltr

Could you add “Active Light” feature to homewave?

What feature is that?

Thanks, “Don’t animate screens” works great in v2.4.