Feature Request: Camera support for IP Camera outside of Vera

Hello,
I have a Hikvision camera that I cannot get to work in Vera despite my best efforts> I can see if from a browser and it only needs to work on my local LAN. Would it be difficult to support an embedded browser window and bass username and password for the control configuration settings?
I run Homewave on a wall mounted ipad mini and would like to see the front door camera before answering it.
Thanks,
Roger

Support for direct camera feeds is planned. This would pick up the URL and credentials from Vera, but it’s easy to also allow for a manual entry.

This is great to hear! We’ve been holding off on cameras because I wasn’t seeing anything I really liked that interfaced easily with vera. Being able to view on the app would solve most of the issues.

ETA, any thoughts on a general timeline for this feature? If it’s soon we may go ahead and pull the trigger on a camera system.

Guessing this only will work on LAN?

TommyE

[quote=“TommyE, post:4, topic:181713”]Guessing this only will work on LAN?

TommyE[/quote]

It’ll work with any URL that provides a jpeg image, protected by username/password using Basic Authentication. If your particular camera has a gateway service that will provide something like that on the Internet, it should work in this setup.

[quote=“intveltr, post:5, topic:181713”][quote=“TommyE, post:4, topic:181713”]Guessing this only will work on LAN?

TommyE[/quote]

It’ll work with any URL that provides a jpeg image, protected by username/password using Basic Authentication. If your particular camera has a gateway service that will provide something like that on the Internet, it should work in this setup.[/quote]

nice

Would it be possible to add separate fields for camera URLs on and off LAN?