false notifications

I support 300 plus Fortrezz moisture and temperature sensors on 13 Vera Lite controllers
All were installed more than 6mos ago some as long ago as 2 years.
Temperatures have dropped well below freezing in the last 48 hours hear.
About 400 false moisture notifications have been sent out in the last 24 hours.
I am continuing to get 1 new false notification about every 3 mins
It seems random across the sensors.
It has not been happening in the past.
Vera support has no idea. I spoke to a support rep an hour and a half ago. He was going to “check on something” and call me back in about 10 minutes. Now tech support does not answer the phone.
The Vera based system is great, when it works, however when there is a problem the complete lack of tech support makes this stuff next to worthless.
Anybody else have any ideas. I have done the usual, power cycle, remove and replace batteries, remove and reenter the notifications.

[quote=“madigan, post:1, topic:184115”]I support 300 plus Fortrezz moisture and temperature sensors on 13 Vera Lite controllers
All were installed more than 6mos ago some as long ago as 2 years.
Temperatures have dropped well below freezing in the last 48 hours hear.
About 400 false moisture notifications have been sent out in the last 24 hours.
I am continuing to get 1 new false notification about every 3 mins
It seems random across the sensors.
It has not been happening in the past.
Vera support has no idea. I spoke to a support rep an hour and a half ago. He was going to “check on something” and call me back in about 10 minutes. Now tech support does not answer the phone.
The Vera based system is great, when it works, however when there is a problem the complete lack of tech support makes this stuff next to worthless.
Anybody else have any ideas. I have done the usual, power cycle, remove and replace batteries, remove and reenter the notifications.[/quote]

I’m just curious, but have you also tried contacting Fortrezz? I would think that vera would send out the notification when it gets the signal from the sensor. Maybe the sensor has a flaw with moisture sensing in freezing conditions.

IT’s just an idea, but with Vera kinda not being that much of a help, at least it’s a step forward you can take.

Yes I have talked to Fortrezz.
I have a very good relationship with them and they actually answer their phone.
The sensor is not ‘tripping’ and initiating the notification.
They need Vera to provide detail on what the controller is seeing.
And yes I agree with “Vera kinda not being that much of a help”
Thanks

[quote=“madigan, post:3, topic:184115”]Yes I have talked to Fortrezz.
I have a very good relationship with them and they actually answer their phone.
The sensor is not ‘tripping’ and initiating the notification.
They need Vera to provide detail on what the controller is seeing.
And yes I agree with “Vera kinda not being that much of a help”
Thanks[/quote]

No problem…I was just throwing that out there and you had not said you had talked to them. Having been a tech support rep for many years I just find it best to attack problems from all angles, especially when you have someone else who is not responding fast enough.

Either way, I hope you get this figured out!

Thanks, I am willing to consider all possibilities and refusing to consider the idea that I overlooked something would be silly on my part.
I am becoming convinced this is in some way tied to temperature. These sensors are installed in condos in the mountains of Colorado near Winter Park ski area at 9000 feet above sea level.
We have had our first really cold weather and some of these devices have dropped down to below 40 degrees F as vacant units may not had the heat turned up. The notifications for temperature below the set threshold is working fine.

Try warming up one of the troubled condos and see it that fixes it. I also think 40 deg is too cold for empty condos. Suggest 60.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alternatively can you keep the vera unit warmer? Say a small closet with a incandescent that can be switched on by the vera when the temp goes too low.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk