EzloPi build a Temperature Sensor with open source

New Version of EzloPi is now out.
You can use this Open Source Firmware to turn any hardware device into a Smart Hardware device. Its ESP firmware at the moment, more to come.

here is the full Source code and an example of how to build a Temperature Sensor.

We will continue to expand the platform and add more examples.

1 Like

Any news about support for the DS18B20 temp sensors?

I’ve used DS18B20 temp sensors before with some Z-Wave devices that support them.

Thanks.

I did one with an ESP32 mini. Then its set up as a IP Device under Ezlo.

Ezlo polls the ESP32 with a GET and then the IP template parses the response string to stuff the temperature reading into a temp probe device.

The code to read the sensor is trivial once you load the Dallas Semi library, just a couple lines to initialize and read the probe(s). Would be easy to make this native in Ezlo Pi.

Init Section:
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <DallasTemperature.h>

// Setup a oneWire instance to communicate with any OneWire devices (not just Maxim/Dallas temperature ICs)
OneWire oneWire(ONE_WIRE_BUS);

// Pass our oneWire reference to Dallas Temperature.
DallasTemperature sensors(&oneWire, ONE_WIRE_PULLUP);

sensors.requestTemperatures(); // Goes out and polls all the attached DS18B20 Sensors attached and each gets a row in the output
for (int i = 0; i < sensors.getDeviceCount(); i++) {
row = "Temperature P ";
row += String(i + 1);
}

1 Like

@curiousB I was just sent some ESP32 boards to play around with, not sure of their exact type yet. Other than they are 30 pin.

But I might be asking you some questions in the coming weeks if you don’t mind? As reading some of the “EzloPi” threads you seem pretty knowledgeable on this topic.

I need to order some breadboards and pinout cables though, any recommendation on the type of breadboards to use ? I also need to order various sensors and peripherals to try, like buttons, relays, temp sensors, presence sensors etc, before I can get started.

Thanks