EZLO plus vs Vera Plus

I’m inquiring about this since the option does show up in the Android version of the app, and I currently have no iOS devices to test in. Once I get someone else from our team to check on the iOS app if the option is also missing for them I will let you know here.

Thanks. The IOS version appears to be about 2 months old. Do you have a cadence for releases? I know my company goes for once a month or so.

Most welcome. There are no scheduled updates that I’m aware of, I’ve seen it update 3 times in a month, as I’ve also seen it not receive an update in 3 months, so I wouldn’t really be able to tell you how often it is updated. I know that several bugs are being taken care of based on the reports we’ve received here in the forum, so I would guess an update is soon to go live for the iOS version of the app. The beta releases for Android tend to be more easily released since we have an alternative option there aside from the official Google Play Store, but that’s not the case for Apple and their rigidness.

I was under the impression that there was a new iOS version of the app done and awaiting Apple approval. Is this incorrect?

So the question is 3.51 the latest for IOS, and if so where is the lua option?

Yeah, the latest beta version 3.52 (7) for iOS that I can find here in the forum was released on February 22. I can’t really find anything newer than that posted here in the forum:

Whereas for Android the latest beta was released 12 days ago:

I managed to get a response informing me who to contact from the iOS development team and I have messaged her internally. Hopefully will actually get an answer for you guys, that’s the best I can do from my position.

@Ioana any chance you can grant access to the iOS betas to @Grwebster and @DonellyTR ? They seem to be missing the LUA scripting option as actions on scenes that is already available in the Android version of the app for the new Ezlo controllers. I have already confirmed that the option is not available on the live version (3.51).

Thanks for looking into this. I suspect that there is a cost to getting it through Apples approval system. It was confusing for me because people were saying it was there when it wasn’t. I think it’s important to keep a clear record of the differences.

You’re most welcome. I messaged the person in charge of iOS development and was informed the new app version was pushed to Apple today and should be available for users within an hour. That was hours ago, so if you could please check whether you got an update available for the Vera mobile app and let me know, that would be great.

Version 3.53(13) is live in the App Store. Unfortunately, the 20 scene limit is still not fixed.

Hello!

We are aware of this problem, our development team is still working on the matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

I have Lua script now. Thanks. I did pick up an unknown sensor with the upgrade though. Also getting notifications from my 916 lock that I have no control over. Good to see the progress though!

I do have another couple,of issues to report. I can’t delete or remove users. I suspect that was only done via the web portal before. The other thing is that we are getting notifications on lock and unlock even when the lock is not armed. Can’t seem to stop this from happening.

Hello @Grwebster,
Please note arming and disarming a device should not make a difference in notification management. Arming is a way to add security features to a device in your controller.
If you want to stop receiving notifications, you should enter the VeraMobile app, go to “Settings” → “Notifications” → disable the option “Security.” If you still want to receive notifications for a specific device, you may create a scene.
Also, you should be able to create new users from the VeraMobile app. To do this, go to the Menu → “Users & Account Info” → “Users” → tap on the plus icon → fill the information → “Save.” Please let me know if you have any issues regarding this procedure.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give that a try.

I checked my setting and security is off. Still getting notifications of lock state changes.

Hello @Grwebster

You can try verifying if the status (armed/disarmed) is being changed when you switch between home modes.

You can also try disabling System Access Alert under notifications as Oscar explained previously.

Not sure what you mean by system access alert. This controller only has my lock on it at this point as I consider if I should move everything else off my Vera lite on to it. I do use some plugins, so that’s a consideration, but the challenges I have had with the lock have caused me to pause.

In addition I was trying to delete a user in the new controller and I could not find a way to do that. Had to go into my Web based interface on my lite to do that.

Also am not arming/disarming this unit at this point.

Hello @Grwebster

I’ve disabled the System access alerts on your account.

As per the users to delete them you need to go to Users swipe to the left the one you want to remove, if that’s not working inform us.