Ezlo - DSC Alarm Panel Plugin is on the Marketplace!

Hi @JimMac

The plugin was built around the Envisalink 4 security module, we currently cannot guarantee the functionality of the plugin with that interface, however, the team is aware and will take it into consideration.

Hey @mgalego1,

We would like to inform you that the bug with the DSC Alarm Panel plugin has been fixed and you can now configure your devices.

My panel is a Vista 128BPT. It’s sister pane is the larger Vista 250BPT so integrating to the 128 should work to the 250, with the only difference being total number of zones. I apologize for not responding sooner I thought I did already. I can help by testing and I am able to make programming changes as required.

hi @mgalego1 did you update your plugin to the latest version, This feature was already implemented

I’m trying to download the plugin to my Ezlo Secure and get the message that the plugin is not available. “Failed to get file data”. Is this download available?

I tried to install the plugin and get “failed to get file data” error. Hasn’t been able to install for many months now.

I’ve had a support ticket open with Ezlo for the past three months about the fact that I can’t install any plugins (including the DSC plugin) on my hub - I just get various errors. They say is is a general issue that they are working on, but given that they haven’t solved it in the past three months, I’m not holding my breath that it will be resolved any time soon.

Hello all,

Short updates about our progress on plugin framework bug fixing.
As mentioned, we have been adding fixes to our plugin framework for 3 months. Why does it take so long?
It happens due to the system’s complexity - it contains a number of moving parts. We’ve done good progress on fixing issues. Now, we are validating the whole plugin operations flow that we have. It will allow us to
integrate all fixes we’ve done, and turn the system back into an operational state.
We are expecting to complete this task in January. The progress we’ve made so far makes me sure that
this is an achievable goal.
I apologize for the inconvenience and delays that our users faced. We are improving our development in order to avoid such cases in the future.

Plugin installation is working now, can you please try again @ibrewster , @JimMac

Installation of the HUE plugin works again for me, thanks for the update. This should really be an announcement in the generic Plugins channel, there are probably more people waiting for this!

1 Like

Thanks for that. I was able to install and configure the DSC plugin, and install the IP Device generator plugin (though I can’t see how to configure that one, but that’s probably just me…).

However, it seems that only motion zones on the DSC work. zones I defined as “smoke” don’t even show up in the dashboard (though they seem to be created), and zones I defined as “door”, while they show up, don’t get updated.

So progress, but not quite there…

UPDATE: The problem is apparently larger than what I declare the zone type to be. Even if I declare all my zones to be motion, the door zones still don’t update. Note that they are updating correctly in every other interface I have (such as the eyezon website that shows the current status from the envisalink device that is supplying data to the plugin), only this plugin doesn’t show them as being open.

hi @ibrewster , Zone updates were done previously. So let us check your case specifically, The smoke sensors are not displayed on the dashboard yet but they are completed and waiting for release. It should be tomorrow.

Sounds good. What do you need from me?

Hello @ibrewster ,

We already have a support user under the account.
We will check the logs related to the plugin. Thanks.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks!

I’ve just installed the plugin and configured (properly I believe) and while the devices show up on the dashboard, there’s no indication of an open door or motion. Would someone be able to look at this for me?

Hi @rlfish , customer support will get in touch and check the logs from controller. Meanwhile we are checking it on our labs to see if implementation has any problems.

Hello @rlfish ,

We’ve sent a PM, could you please check your inbox?

Thanks!

I’ve got the same problem as rlfish with a new Ezlo Plus with the DSC plugin. I"m using DSC plugin 1.0.42 . The Ezlo Plus is running FIRMWARE: 2.0.48.2397.3 . My setup is a Vista 21ip panel with and Envisalink4. The yellow wire is not connected since I don’t plan to control the Vista from the Ezlo Plus. This arrangement worked fine with my Veralite and the appropriate DSC plugin. I just want to use the Vista panel sensors in Meshbot triggers.

My Eyezon account shows all the activity of the zones on my Vista panel. The system only has one partition. I can log into the Envisalink4 locally with a web browser as well and see activity on the zones.

I’m suspicious about the setup of the DSC plugin. I’ve followed the instructions in the help page, but I’m a bit confused about the Envisalink4 password setting. I don’t see a user name setting, but the user name is mentioned in the text of the help page. I don’t understand how the DSC plugin would be able to access the Envisalink4 without the proper user name to go with the password provided in the plugin setup.

All of the Vista panel motion and door sensors I put in the ‘Active Zones’ setup are enumerated in the Mios dashboard, but they never show any activity and they are all grey. The door sensors are marked ‘offline’ and the motion sensors are marked ‘no motion’.

One question about the Active Zones list. I’ve got the active zones separated into door and motion per the instructions for the syntax of the list. In some of the examples, I see that the list is terminated with a trailing semicolon while in other examples the trailing semicolon is absent. Is the trailing semicolon required for correct input?

I’ve tried looking in the Alert/Event history page, but it is impossible to tell what the sequence of events was since the Description column has no content for any row of activity.

What should I try next?

Update, the panel base device in the Devices screen is now greyed out and the settings only show ‘remove device’. Is there a way to restart the plugin? I used to be able to do that on the Veralite. What else could have gone wrong? The Eyezon login shows all sensor activity as well as logging into the Envisalink4 locally. We did have some high wind today and the power blinked. The Ezlo Plus came back up, but I don’t know if it did a very graceful power down and up.