Ezlo controllers Beta enrollment starts now

Yes, I was told I would get an Atom but, I believe the demand for testing is high and the product manufacturing is having trouble because of the pandemic. I currently have no ZWave Plugs and personally, I don’t want any. It was what was sent, not what I requested to test.

Plug hub was actually imo a minor stroke of genius. Mains powered, wall mounted, and allowed to be a little chunky for decent shaped antennas.

The only downside is many smartplugs are behind signal-dampening furniture or electronics. Given that, I would put an optional external antenna on it to increase gain or sell it paired with another smartplug.

What I would give for a Zwave MIMO antenna system…

1 Like

you raise a fair point.

Hi @melih
does this allow more than five bounces in zwave?

bounce?
pls expand.

1 Like

Controller1 jump to device2 reach device 6

z-wave-routing

Sorry i use Google translation Fr=>english

I try to use critical thinking and not just be critical.

Command hops through nodes in the Z-Wave mesh network.

@Pitt13
According to Z-wave specs a single Z-Wave network can support of up 232 devices, and supports up to 4 connections in series - “bounces”.
Mains powered devices are working as repeaters in the Z-wave network.
Coverage of the area depends on how many mains powered Z-Wave devices in the network.

Hi @melih @Oleh
yes that’s right, for a controller. but if several controllers are in a house with several floors, for example one controller per floor, the web interface or the android or apple application can it see all of these controllers as one? and therefore extend the zwave network through these ip network controllers?
My vision is perhaps too distant, but that would allow to have several controllers working together and why not, with a little imagination, to have one to help the other?

1 Like

no its not. wait and see!

1 Like

Very excited moment, all family is here !!!

5 Likes

Hi @Oleh
what’s the equipment in the middle of ezloplus and ezlo secure? it looks like a valve.

@Pitt13
You are right, its a valve… but not just a valve, its much more than a valve.
Separate topic will be available tomorrow morning and I will post a link here.

2 Likes

If I just had motion sensors and light switch’s it would’ve been a perfect testing environment.

Maybe critical thinking before developing a product would have been a better action. There are many different ways of thinking.

I could easily see someone in an apartment or completely new to the smart home arena using this small innovative device (plughub). In other cases it could probably be used as a repeater, and maybe that’s the intent. If I actually get a full blown controller, then I’ll consider myself schooled by Ezlo.

The folks at Ezlo knew my history before shipping it to me. I’ve been running Z-Wave for almost a decade, a very complex home with over 60+ (zwave and 1 zigbee) devices all updated within the past 4 years to meet new Z-Wave standards. I mean, surely I can come up with something critical to test between a light switch and motion sensor.

I have used Vera for the past 6-7 years. I recently realize I need a little more power and the latest updates for that platform bricked my Vera on more than one occasion. I had to recover the Vera 3 times in the past several months. Support contacted me but, never helped. I have thought about getting the Vera flagship however, I’m reluctant. I saw the beta program and I was excited to test a new fresh product. Since the last bricking of my Vera I tested Hubitat. I like the platform, it’s scalable, it’s very programmable. However, Hubitat isn’t reliable and it’s actions are severely delayed with the modest programming. (Hubitat Home Manager)

With all that said, I may look at purchasing a Vera Secure before I purchase an Ezlo Controller. I don’t see any type of customization for additional components or applications/plugins. If the full blown controller appears to have these, I’d be more than willing to make the purchase rather than beta the product.

Beta testing isn’t for beginners (plughub visual), beta testing is normally performed by people that love what they do and are looking for the next level.

I’m still not clear myself on the differences between the linux firmware that comes on the Ezlo Plus/Secure, and the firmware on the Atom/PlugHub devices. I have seen a number of threads about new releases supporting a new plugin API, HTTP Server, etc - but I’m thinking those only apply to the linux firmware, and not to these “smaller” devices. Will the smaller devices eventually have the full feature set? Or are the Atom/PlugHub being marketed as “simple/entry-level” devices, with the more advanced features such as Lua scripting, plug-ins, etc being reserved for the Plus/Secure etc line running the linux firmware?

2 Likes

I appreciate the form factor. Pretty much everyone needs at least one and its one less box + transformer to clutter things up.

The product, well, we will see what the shipping package is actually capable of relative to the price point.

it has a full ezlo controller built in the water valve.

3 Likes

Hi. Is there an eta on the plus with casing being sent out to the UK. I’m just super excited to get testing and seeing how it all works.

I have been provided this link https://www.linkedin.com/in/anh-man-tran-290b6318/ for @rafale77.
He claims to be a “semiconductor professional”, but his linkedin says: Business Development and Sales in Semiconductor

He doesn’t have any Computing or Electronics academic credentials either. He did not use Ezlo products yet he was very vocal about dishing out advice about how bad our firmware architecture, hardware choice etc were…all without him having access to it…so that reminded me this:

I felt its important to put a context to advice this “mud thrower” “Sales Professional in Semiconductor Industry” was giving.