I had to dig around awhile to figure out all the steps for connecting an Envisalink 4 to a Vera Edge, so I figure I’ll share what worked for me.
- Got to http://www.eyezon.com/ and create an account
- Choose Add new device from the portal and register your EVL4
- Take a pic of your EVL4 so you have the MAC address
- Install your EVL4 into your alarm panel
- disconnect power plug and then the battery
- wire up the EVL4
- reconnect battery and then power
- Find the EVL4’s IP from your router and go to its web portal (default login is user/user)
- Set a static IP and a new password (apparently this password is stored as clear-text so don’t use your bank password here)
- Go to your Vera’s web portal and install the DSC plug-in (under Apps -> Install apps). The plug-in will create a new device on your Vera, I named mine Alarm Interface.
Note: the Vera app store at apps.mios.com is apparently for older Vera’s. Stay away from there, it’s useless.
- Open the Alarm Interface device -> Advanced -> Params and fill out these fields:
ip: static IP of your EVL4 (some directions say to include a port but I didn’t)
mac: from your EVL4
- Switch to the New Service tab and enter these fields:
New service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1
New variable: InterfacePassword
New value: your password
- Reboot your Vera (under Settings -> Net & Wifi, just because)
- You should see some new door and motion devices now. Go back to Alarm Interface device -> Advanced -> Variables and there will be a bunch of new variables.
- Update DoorZones and MotionZones with your zone setup. DoorZones should include doors and windows.
- Reboot again. The door and motion devices should match your config now.
- Manually label all your new devices - there is no way to import the names from your alarm system.