EVL3/DSC PC 1832/Vera 3/UI7 Stopped Working

Hi all,

I’ve been running this setup for well over a year with many firmware upgrades and no issues. At some point in the past month my scenes that were being triggered by doors/sensors stopped working, but I just had the time to investigate. At the same time a 4x controller with load (on one of the motion scenes) stopped responding and I had to hard reset it to get it back. Unfortunately that didn’t fix the larger issue.

I noticed that the DSC plugin had the DSC IT-100 selected, which was odd. I have since uninstalled/reinstalled the entire DSC plugin without success. There is no indication that the Vera is even talking to the EVL3. One complication is that the EVL3 is on a different subnet (192.168.1.x) while the Vera is on 192.168.0.x, but I can telnet into the EVL3 on the default port from the 192.168.0.x subnet successfully.

I’m not sure what other troubleshooting steps to try at this point.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dan

The only time I’ve seen a system be reset like that was in early versions of UI7, but they’ve long since fixed that issue (assuming no regressions)

If it’s been re-installed, and reconfigured to 2DS/Envisalink (EVL3 is equivalent) then it should come straight back up… needing only the Zones/ZoneTypes to be reconfigured, and then any rules reset (since the Id’s were all changed when the Plugin/Binding was removed/reinstalled)

There are entries in the logs for any startup errors, so the first step will be to SSH into the box and look at [tt]/var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log[/tt]… or use one of the Browser URL tricks to look at the logs as you start/restart Vera.

If you enable Vera’s Verbose logging then there will be even more details in the logs, but those shouldn’t be necessary.

As long as the IP is reachable/routable from Vera, it won’t matter what Network/Subnet it’s on. The quickest way to test that will be to ssh into Vera itself, and then issue:

telnet 192.168.1.x 4025

and see if it can connect to the TPI.

Of course, if Vera is connected already, then this will fail as you can only have one connection at a time, but it’s a simple/basic connectivity test for the device … which is always best to attempt from Vera itself (to ensure no other issues).

Thanks for your response. I’ve been unable to SSH into the Vera (or connect with one of the web-based logging utilities), which I have used in the past, so I couldn’t check the logs. However, when I got home yesterday, logging into the Vera gave the DSC plugin invalid password error, even though it was set to the default. I clicked the reset password button from the EVL3 web portal and restarted all of the devices and it seems to be working now. Let’s hope it sticks!