EVL3 and vera

i’m going to add a new vera for my pool house. It will be my first ui7 piece. my main unit in my home is ui5. I’m holding onto it for dear life. i’m afraid to switch cause of my leviton scene controllers.

so i control my security for years with EVL3.

when i get my unit can i add the plungin for the ui7 and set it up to see how i like it but still have it running on my ui5 unit? i want to slowly roll over to ui7 piece by piece.

The interface of the EVL allows only one connection at a time, so you cannot have two functional EVL plugins operating at the same time.

If you have a DSC panel, you can set up a proxy server as an IO broker between your Veras and the EVL. This allows you to have as many connections to the EVL as you want. Unfortunately the proxy is only built for DSC panels and not Honeywell.

so how would i turn off the one on UI 5 to test it on UI 7? then if its stable so i know if i should switch everything over to UI 7?

jim

[quote=“jimim, post:3, topic:200573”]so how would i turn off the one on UI 5 to test it on UI 7? then if its stable so i know if i should switch everything over to UI 7?

jim[/quote]

can i just change the ip address so it can’t reach it? or is their more to disable it without totally deleting it.

Sure, changing the IP address will stop the plugin from connecting (though there is an auto discover method in the plugin so this may not be 100% reliable.) I’d change your password and manually set the EVL IP on the plugin to something fictitious, and then reload the engine. That will definitely stop the connection.

Take note of your settings so you can restore to the original state. You must reload the luup engine for any changes you make to take effect.

thanks! u lost me on that very last part. i don’t remember setting up a luup when i did it years ago.

That’s just some software jargon. Luup refers to the underlying HA software engine of the Vera. In order for any configuration changes to take effect, you have to “reload” the engine from the Vera menu. You can find the reload button under “Settings: Zwave Settings: Reload Engine”