EVL-4, anyone try it?

I currently have EVL-3 and it is working great via powerline with my DSC 1832 and I am very tempting to upgrade when a product has a newer version. Anyone tried EVL-4 and do you like it?

Also curious, tagging along.

I’ve had an EVL-3 for a couple of years (which works just fine) but I’m not tempted to upgrade since based on the specs the EVL-3 and EVL-4 are functionally identical. The new features of the EVL-4 will not be apparent to the majority of users. “Grandwizard” posted on the Eyez-on web forum the following reasons for upgrading:

• You want to use DLS to program your DSC panel
  • You want to use a wireless bridge and were having network problems previously
  • You own a Vista 128 or 250 and you want to see all zones states for zones above 64
  • You had problems with your gigabit router or switch
  • You like having the latest and greatest hardware

No need to upgrade as there will be no additional functionality provided to DYI.

I have one installed and it works but like others have said no new features that pertain to us.

About to order one myself here. Not an upgrade though, its a new install. Id like the ability to program using DLS 5 with it.

This is an advertised feature for the EVL-4, but a recent posting to their discussion forum states that:
“[DLS5] is only available to professional security installers that use the Connect2Go service, not end-users. The Envisalink 4’s DLS feature requires a hosted service at Envisacor and we do not have access to it at this time.”