Everspring SF812 smoke detector not waking up

Everspring is

However, it does seem that VERA has some general issues with handling battery z-wave devices. I made a thread here so hopefully we can get some concreate asnwers…

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13525.0.html

This device will send his battery level with a triple push on the button.

i have 6 of those :frowning:

No solution till now?

So to summarize this, This smoke sensor works well as in detecting smoke. But it has battery issues.
It doesn’t report battery to vera. However, when it in in low battery it starts beep every 30 seconds. Right?

[quote=“therealabdo, post:23, topic:170746”]So to summarize this, This smoke sensor works well as in detecting smoke. But it has battery issues.
It doesn’t report battery to vera. However, when it in in low battery it starts beep every 30 seconds. Right?[/quote]

Hi,

I can’t let you say that this smoke sensor “works well as in detecting smoke” :slight_smile:

I bought 2 of them last year.
After approx. 6 months, the first one started to trigger false alarms (6 in a week, 3 in the middle of the night :/). I returned it and it got replaced by a new one.
2 months later the second one triggered false alarms too (like the first one, detector’s internal siren and z-wave fire notification). Almost like the first one, 4 in 5 days (I disconnected it after 5 days since I got tired to be waken during the night).
I returned this one too, in exchange for a new one.

Today, the first I exchanged sent a z-wave fire notification, but the siren did not rang (lucky me :D)… I’m really tired of those devices!!

So… in a way, the z-wave notifications for fire are working fine (even if the device does not respond to battery queries)… but there were no fire :confused:

Really disappointed by Everspring devices right now.
Hope it helps possible consumers, NOT buying this smoke detector!

I have two of these laying arround in a corner doing nothing, if anybody wants two free devices, let me know…