Euro standard door locks?

I just asked Yale whether they would be importing to the UK a Euro z wave door lock and they said they currently had no plans.

So, I wondered if any of you had come across any Euro compliant door locks with z wave (that work with Vera obviously ;D)??

We’ve been searching hard regarding door locks for the EU frequency. None of the US locks seems to be EU compatible in a near future, that’s including Schlage, Yale and others.

However, a danish company (http://www.poly-control.com/) is in the final stage of their testing of a Z-Wave and Vera compatible door lock for the EU frequency. We (mediahem.se, Sweden) will sell these and are expecting a sample delivery for testing within a month.

I believe they are expected to hit the shelves in July/August this summer.

Ah, great. Sounds good.

I should mention the person I spoke to at Yale seems to think it wouldn’t be hard for the Euro side of the business to use their existing electronic lock tech and Yale US’s z wave experience together but he didn’t actually specify any projects.

I shall keep a look out for when your locks are available.

Many thanks

Sometimes it’s feels that US companys don’t want to be on the EU market at all, no matter the order quantity. But that’s a different story :slight_smile:

Feel free to PM me if you want some testing results when we get the samples.

I would like to install a door lock to be controlled by my european vera (868.42 Mhz).
All current z-wave locks (Schlage, Kwikset) are US only, so I guess I’m looking for a non-Zwave lock that can be controlled by vera.
Can anyone suggest a solution? Perhaps a lock controlled by RS232 interface? Can a zigbee lock be controlled by vera?

Poly-control release an EU Z-Wave lock around August.

Regrads
Morten

According to [tt]http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes[/tt] the latest beta has support for the PolyControl door lock.

Really nice design!

Here’s the youtube video linked within the previous link: Poly-Control z-wave door lock.mov - YouTube

Hi,

The poly-lock is available in EU stores through our resellers.
(This is not to be advertising, but i wanted to answer your question:-))

Hope this answers your issue, please contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards
Hans Overgaard
Poly-Control

Can you tell me what the name of the euro cylinder you need is?

The lock has a key hole on one side and a long bar on the other side. I’ve searched for euro cylinder extension but have found nothing.

What type of battery is the poly-lock powered by? Can you buy a spare one after 2 years?

Any updates on this topic?

Are the polylocks ready for delivery yet?

Is there a version of the Polylock for Swiss-Locks? And where can I get it in Germany or Switzerland?

mhjens, did you get to test these locks? Can you give us some feedback about the features, compatibility with Vera, reliability and battery usage?

Are there any other lock compatible with the european zwave frequency?

You could ask [tt]mail@polycontrol.dk[/tt] …

@chixxi

We received the PolyLock and keypad (early DEMO sample) in august, and we will get the official lock in the next few days. The lock works with the Vera. However, there was some small glitches with the demo lock.

For now, the main features is that you can lock/unlock through the Vera, even with scenes. The battery life seems to be okay. One thing we had trouble with was getting the status from the lock (was the lock open or closed?), Vera couldn’t tell. It was also possible to close the lock even if it already was locked, causing the lock mechanism to start trying to lock with an annoying sound as a result.

But this was from an early demo lock. As I said, I will post a review then we have done a test of the “official” lock.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hmmm, that doesn’t sound to nice, but still promising. I’d appreciate a detailed review of you from the real deal. Thanks in advance.

And I also have to figure out somehow if that thing is compatible with Swiss Locks.

I sent them about 3 mails during the last 6 month asking where and when I could buy these products, and I did not get one single reaction! I even tried from my business mail asking for a big amount of locks, no reaction…

Hi all,

Sorry about the late reply.

The locks are available in stores now.
Please visit the where to buy page for more info:

If you have any problems in doing this, please contact me:
hao@poly-control.dk

The cylinder you should use for a euro cylinder can first of be ordered directly from us.
Please look at the mounting guide from the download page how to get the measures for this.
The price for this cylinder is Euro 97,- ex vat and shipping.
The cylinder is a KABA cylinder, with the extender on it.
I know others have had their local locksmith make a cylinder. this si also a possibility.

I will try to keep up with your questions in this forum, and ones again sorry for the late reply.

Best regards
Hans Overgaard
Poly-Control

Hi,

this product seems very nice.

I’m not able to find a reseller with this lock on stock.

Do you have idea?

Thank you
Matteo

[quote=“polycontrol, post:16, topic:168174”]Hi all,

Sorry about the late reply.

The locks are available in stores now.
Please visit the where to buy page for more info:

If you have any problems in doing this, please contact me:
hao@poly-control.dk

The cylinder you should use for a euro cylinder can first of be ordered directly from us.
Please look at the mounting guide from the download page how to get the measures for this.
The price for this cylinder is Euro 97,- ex vat and shipping.
The cylinder is a KABA cylinder, with the extender on it.
I know others have had their local locksmith make a cylinder. this si also a possibility.

I will try to keep up with your questions in this forum, and ones again sorry for the late reply.

Best regards
Hans Overgaard
Poly-Control[/quote]

Hi guys,

Some body tried this products?

It seems very interesting, I want to test it.

I m asking myself if the keypad can be also used to activated or deactivate the alarm, any idea?

Thank you in advance
Regards,
Matteo

Hi,
Please check out

http://www.domadoo.fr/Produits,424,Serrures-Z-Wave.htm for more info.

Furthermore:

and

Hope this is helpful :slight_smile:

and i forgot to say, concerning the alarm.
Yes you can have the Poly-Pad as a arm/desarm unit for your alarm.

You just configure it to be activating your alarm scenario.