Establishing connection between Vera Plus and Vista 20P via AD2USB

PROBLEM
Can’t get Vera Plus to recognize and establish communications to Vista 20P console using AD2USB adapter.

EFFORTS

[ul][li]Connected the AD2USB to Vista 20P console.[/li]
[li]Connected Mac to AD2USB and able to control Vista with NuTech virtual keypad successfully.[/li]
[li]Replaced Mac with Vera Plus to AD2USB.[/li]
[li]Installed “Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels via AD2USB” App in Vera web console.[/li]
[li]Two devices were automatically installed: [list type=decimal]
[li]“Ademco Vista Alarm Panel” … complains with “Ademco Vista Plugin.Can’t Detect Device”[/li]
[li]“Ademco Vista Partition 1” … complains with “Can’t Detect Device”[/li]
[/list]
[/li]

[li]Logged into Vera shell (ssh) and tried forcing module load, believe I even corrected the needed changes for my UI17 version, but still with no luck, as described here: [url=http://www.alarmdecoder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122&sid=23dc943d3ed2cbab4aaabde91033ab7f]alarmdecoder.com » View topic - Veralite shows serial port as Not Available

I’ve scoured the web and these forums, tried to find clues as to what I can try further, but no luck.

[quote=“liberty, post:1, topic:193028”]PROBLEM
Can’t get Vera Plus to recognize and establish communications to Vista 20P console using AD2USB adapter.

EFFORTS

[ul][li]Connected the AD2USB to Vista 20P console.[/li]
[li]Connected Mac to AD2USB and able to control Vista with NuTech virtual keypad successfully.[/li]
[li]Replaced Mac with Vera Plus to AD2USB.[/li]
[li]Installed “Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels via AD2USB” App in Vera web console.[/li]
[li]Two devices were automatically installed: [list type=decimal]
[li]“Ademco Vista Alarm Panel” … complains with “Ademco Vista Plugin.Can’t Detect Device”[/li]
[li]“Ademco Vista Partition 1” … complains with “Can’t Detect Device”[/li]
[/list]
[/li]

[li]Logged into Vera shell (ssh) and tried forcing module load, believe I even corrected the needed changes for my UI17 version, but still with no luck, as described here: [url=http://www.alarmdecoder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122&sid=23dc943d3ed2cbab4aaabde91033ab7f]http://www.alarmdecoder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122&sid=23dc943d3ed2cbab4aaabde91033ab7f[/url][/li][/ul]

I’ve scoured the web and these forums, tried to find clues as to what I can try further, but no luck.[/quote]

Hi Liberty

Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Don

I’ve had the same problem and finally broke down and called Vera support. It took a while, but they were able to fix it. Still not sure what they did.

A few things to check that I know were problematic for me:
My Vera plus had two USB ports showing–some sort of bug from migrating over from UI5 and vera3.
I also had issues with my keypad #s. For some reason an extra keypad was showing up (thankfully I’d take screen shots of the system before migrating!).

Have no idea what was the actual cause/fix, but they were able to fix it.

That said, I’ve had a continual problem with it ceasing to work and giving me connection down messages. Always happens after I’ve added a device. Really annoying. My guess is there’s a problem with the USB port getting recognized correctly, but all looks fine.

Very good ideas all over this forum. Wish I found Marks work before. Can we expect part two to arrive soon?

Biggest issue is you have to set the baud rate to 115200.