Errors after updating to 4.4 :-s

I just updated to 4.4 , But I can not get it to work. Previously I used 2.2 ( I think ) without any problems.

Updating> went without a problem.
Initially I didn’t understand what the profiles exactly did, but I now understand this is like overiding the default email adres for the users in for example the smtp option.

-created a profile for my samsung with the ID
-created a profile for smtp: using “from” my own email adress and changed the “vera@gmail.com” also to my own adress.

-in setup, I hooked up myself with profile (android) and the other user ( which is also for me) with the smtp-email profile.

-I switched a licht on and off ( which has the notification for both users) >> no effect.
-rebooted vera and clicked ctrl+F5

only error messages:

A popup when I click the profiles tab : “unable to parse profiles”
many popups like these when I click the “notification configuration”
“Device: 102 Scene Obj:62 Trigger Index:0”
“Device: 74 Scene Obj:54 Trigger Index:0”

What to do ? , I cannot open any tab anymore , it just shows me the “loading Bar”
I allready tried to remove the plugin and installed it again via the GUI , but it was all the same.

Thanks,
Cor

Wierd…

I uninstalled the programm again , and reinstalled.

Just made a profile for my samsung phone >> I got again a TTS alert on my android, Happy again! :slight_smile:

Than I tried to made an email profile , there it all went wrong, when I saved it , reloaded the browser , the whole vera alerts didn’t do anything. also no TTS message on the android phone anymore.
Also the error pop ups ( see post above) came up again.

I cannot change any setting anymore,vera alerts just shows methe “loading bar”

attachment 1.jpg are the settings (without password) in the profile tab.

Thanks for the help ,
Cor

I think you missed a browser refresh in there somewhere.

Hmm… ok , I try again.

I think it’s working now :slight_smile:
Maybe it is because I did it remotely from a slow internet connection? I just did it via a remote desktop session, no errors so far.

A question in the meanwhile, when I set up a profile, can I in the “to” section put more email adresses?

Like:
xxx@gmail.com, abc@gmail.com, 123@gmail.com
or
xxx@gmail.comabc@gmail.com123@gmail.com

would any of this work?

thanks,
Cor

I need to test … using the remote network … that might be what’s causing some of the problems that I have yet to replicate.

I just tried to insert (with real email adresses offcourse):
xxx@gmail.com,abc@gmail.com,123@gmail.com
and
xxx@gmail.comabc@gmail.com123@gmail.com
and
xxx@gmail.com abc@gmail.com 123@gmail.com>

No joy , Anything else I can try?

Attached the error log from gmail (the email adresses in the log are slightly changed, it was the first try with the “,”)

Thanks,
Cor

The TO: field in the profile can only hold a single recipient.

However from LUA or the advanced tab in a scene you can set the recipients in the form of:
xxx@abc.com,foo@baz.com, …
will work.

You can make multiple profiles and associate multiple email profiles with a Vera User.

Sending Emails via the LUUP libraries is a pain, it requires special processing.
I will add to the list to support multiple recipients in the TO: field.

For now I wil make for every user a profile, due to the different email adresses.

You can make multiple profiles and associate multiple email profiles with a Vera User.
I want it the other way arround, 1 profile which sends to multiple email adresses which I can select for multiple users :-)

The idea behind it:

I have quite some Ip camera’s in and arround my house ( using blue iris). Since I am lots of time away from home, no one is taking care of my house, hence the camera’s so I can take a look now and than.

I also have smoke detectors installed in most of the rooms ( zwave capable), when smoke is detected a trigger is send and a notification to my family , friends etc ,with a link to the camera’s and a username and password.

This username and password has to change whenever an email for smoke detection is send out. That means I have to change all profiles.

It would be easy iuf there is one profile , which sends to all the emailadresses I want. and in the subject I put the username and password. There is not a lot of room for error than.

Thanks for this great Plugin,
Cor

As I mentioned you can send to multiple recipients via:

1. luup Sent Alert call action, will take multiple email address
  2. The advanced tab of a Scene or PLEG/PLTS action you can send an alert and pass multiple email addresses.

The profile can only contain 1 email.

Maybe I get it wrong.

I have about 10 smoke detectors , each of them give a notification , and with that people know where the notification came from.

That would still mean 10x changing the notification name to have the password and username in it.
Or when I make a scene?PLEG which triggers a notification , that would mean there is no way anymore to know where the notification originated from.

The easiest way would be to insert in the vera-alerts “to” option multiple emailadresses ( which is for the moment not possible) Or the second easiest ( I think) to have every user a profile and in the subject change every time the message I want to send ( username and password), for the moment there are 5 email adresses where it needs to be send.

Cheers,
Cor

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:8, topic:178651”]The TO: field in the profile can only hold a single recipient.

However from LUA or the advanced tab in a scene you can set the recipients in the form of:
xxx@abc.com,foo@baz.com, …
will work.

Sending Emails via the LUUP libraries is a pain, it requires special processing.
I will add to the list to support multiple recipients in the TO: field.[/quote]

This does not work.