Errored. Retry problems

I get multiple Errored. Retry messages every time I start VeraMate. It usually takes over a minute to start up. I am running the latest version on IOS 9.04. The has been happening since before the IOS upgrade across several versions of VeraMate. When I compare to Imperihome, which starts immediately, this is really poor performance. I love the app and they way I have it all customized, but really want this to get fixed.

When this happens, check to see if you can access your Vera either with the Vera mobile app or via the WebUI. When VeraMate says “Error Retrying…” it means VeraMate is unable to communicate with your Vera unit. When I get this error it usually is due to my Vera having crashed due to some unknown LUUP issue. Whenever I try to login to the WebUI, I get the LUUP is taking longer than usual to load.

its not a communication issue because I can immediately open Imperihome and activate a device

Would you be able to use the inapp contact (settings/contacts tab) to send diagnostics please? I’m not aware of any connection issues, and although I find this is more often then not a problem with Micasaverde servers, it could obviously be another bug in VeraMate I need to squish.

it is set to send diagnostics. True to form, like taking a car in for a noise, when I started up today everything was fine. what info do you need from me to identify me?

I get this start-up error as well… probably at least once a day when the Vera app is already opened on my iPhone and I’m out of my home network’s wi-fi area. When I go back into the app at certain times while is running in the background VeraMate will try to refresh itself and I’ll get the “Error. Retry.” alert. It will usually prevent VeraMate from refreshing successfully and I’ll have to quit the app and re-open it up at which point is always refreshes correctly. It is an annoyance but it doesn’t ruin the app for me.

Just fyi again, that if you see this happen if you could just use the contact screen in-app to send diagnostics (just mention the connection issue, and I can look into it further).

** My hosting provider is down at the moment, but any emails should get through soon.

Thanks VeraMate. The next time I get the error I’ll send the diagnostic files over.

Me too! Some info.
If i open the VeraMate on iPhone 5 !, then the app is working great.
On my iPhone 6 ! i can see the “Error retry…” message.
The IOS is up2date

VeraMate:

Whatever fixes you added to v10.1.0.3 have solved my login issues. Under v10.1 things were so bad with the error messages upon opening the app that I was forced to always logout in the app, then log back in – even with button animations disabled. The new version of VeraMate just put out today in TestFlight has solved these login issues for me.

Thanks for the continuous updates.

As a quick update to this - over the last 2 weeks I’ve been seeing a lot of connection issues with the micasaverde severs (as have a lot of users who have contacted me). This has caused problems in VeraMate, as, there are some cases when the failure to connect means some configuration data hasn’t saved properly… so if the app is killed/restarted, this has caused the problems connecting that some users are seeing.

The good news is I’ve used those server issues to make VeraMate code detect server errors, as I’ve been able to replicate them when the server is down - I’ll be trying to get out an update asap.

if this is affecting you, log out, and back in, and it will refresh the configuration. If it doesn’t log back in, then the micasaverde servers will be down, and there’s nothing VeraMate can do - you will simply have to try again later. (This is true even on local IP, as user authentication requires access to Micasaverde servers. “Guest” login might work, but in VeraMate unfortunately still use a micasaverde server for unit detection.)

Hugely frustrating (for everyone, I’m sure), as no recent updates to VeraMate have actually changed to cause these problems, but there’ll be an update as soon as possible to try and detect and handle these problems better, at the very least by showing some diagnostic information if the error banner is selected.

The beta program is open to any who are seeing a lot of problems on their server, which might allevitate it somewhat (as per agoodman82 - glad it’s made it better) - please email support via the settings/contact screen with diagnostics if you wish to be added.

I did get the login error again today (after I posted above that I wasn’t having the issue again, ironically) with the new test version where it couldn’t load everything. I disabled button animations and was able to login back in afterwards. Hopefully that will help alleviate more login issues for me but I appreciate the explanation about it being an issue with MicasaVerde’s servers rather than VeraMate.

To be fair, there’s still a problem in VeraMate, but it has been exacerbated by bad server connections, but sometimes there’s just nothing to be done on VeraMate’s side.

Btw - if you see the error or refreshing banner, try clicking on it in the beta for diagnostics to see if it’s the Micasaverde causing connection problems.

A semi-final beta for 10.1 will be out today.

Will do. I’m going to utilize the new diagnostic feature in VeraMate to keep tabs on this. Thanks!

BTW, my problems seem to have been happening because of LUUP crashes and networking stopping running on the Vera. I was having to reboot the Vera about every 2 hours. immediately after that I could connect. then once it crashes or locked then the app experienced the problems I originally described.

However, the most recent patch FW release that came out a few days ago seems to have fixed my LUUP crashes and I have been able to use the app without problems for 2 days now. :slight_smile:

I get them almost every time I open the app.

Thanks for the update regarding the FW release, @HansE - good note to keep the firmware up to date which might help stability.

I believe VeraMate 10.1 (hopefully due out within days now, depending on Apple), will make VeraMate more robust for some of those connection issues.