ERROR: Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode

Hi

I have a new VeraEdge and I’m trying to setup some devices, but I keep getting the below error:
ERROR: Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode. Please wait 1 minute and try again

Any suggestions?

Contact the Vera Customer Care team by sending an email to support@getvera.com .
They will sort it out.

Thank you!

I just had an Intermatic device drop out. I excluded it fine, but when I went to re-include it I got “Add/Remove : ERROR: Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode. Please wait 1 minute and try again.”

Rebooted VeraPlus and no change.

Went so far as to back up the network, factory data reset and reload the network. Same issue.

I reached out to Tech at 9pm last night and they did something… at 5am, 1/3 of my devices vanished and my scenes were missing triggers and devices. I asked for an update via e-mail. 6 hours later, no improvement and Crickets. So I wrote back and said I was locking down remote access from them and restoring VP myself. Now I’m hoping it’s just the device. I ordered a Leviton to replace it this weekend.

I’ll write back… but one thing is true. Make sure YOU back up everything before you make a change or before you let Vera Tech into your Vera.

My old CT30 thermostat would knock out my z-wave network once a week until I finally figured out the source. No problems since February with the new CT101.

same thing now happend to me. Did you manage to get it working again?

same thing now happend to me. Did you manage to get it working again?[/quote]

Did you get yours to work, I’m having the issue now as well

This seems to be a recurrent issue since the last firmware upgrade. I placed a call to Tech Support and was told that there was ‘a problem with the Z-Wave chip’ that they corrected without further explanation. My guess is that it is not user correctable and requires some specific modification by the techies. Since they reset my issue I have had no further problems other than frequent reboots. On more than one occasion I have been awoken by lights that did not turn off via bypassed PLEG conditions and actions. Seems like one step forward and one (or more) steps backwards.

Same problem here. haven’t contact support yet.

FWIW When this happened to me, way back when, I think it was due to an issue with my controller being in the wrong role (viewed under settings/z-wave settingsin ui7), most likely caused by me when mucking around with a secondary controller. This was fixed remotely very quickly by Vera support.

Very well, support fixed this very quickly after an email there.

I added the devices that gave the error message and installed Altui and Datamine. Today I would add a few more devices and the problem is back. Very frustrating, hope they can tell me how to fix the problem the next time I get in touch with the support.

Also, problems with my Vera Secure do not charge the internal battery as it should. = (

Please let us know the root cause and solution if you get a definitive answer. I had the same issue, with the same solution, but did not get an answer as to the exact cause or how an end user might identify or repair the problem.

Any update from anyone on this? Getting this same error message and can’t add new devices since updating from firmware 1.7.3232. Is this user correctable in any way?

No idea how it happens, but likely due to multiple reasons and in my case I suspect it was due to my playing around with adding in a second controller. Fixing probably involves a backup, wipe, then restore although there may be a way to make the change via some low level tweaking that would need to be done very carefully to avoid bricking your Vera. As such, I reckon if you get this issue and it doesn’t resolve itself, contact support and they should be able to fix it pretty quickly.

I haven’t seen this for years, but a power cycle fixed it on my unit.

Same here, happening now. All Z-Wave devices gone. :-\

And now the IP address has changed. Had to track it down with an IP scanner. >:(

And now ZigBee gone as well. No devices left.

Any progress with this?

I’ve been adding some new devices tonight, first few went well and then POOF… suddenly I’m having this problem.

Have rebooted the Vera but, no matter how many times I start the inclusion moments later this Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode error occurs.

Oh what the hell - I can’t even unpair either. I’m now stuck exactly as I am, can’t pair or unpair anything.

Rebooting Vera - no change cannot pair nor unpair.
Resetting the Z-Wave chip - no change, cannot pair nor unpair.
Rebooting Vera multiple times - still no change.

Pull power out of Vera for 10 seconds and then power back up - I can now pair and unpair.

Such a quality product.