Error Saving Data on Vera 3

I cannot save updates to anything in the Vera. An easy way to replicate is to try to update the name of a device, then hit save. The save operation take forever, but eventually returns either one of the two errors:
Saving local data …

Error saving data, status code: 12002

or

Error saving data, status code: 500

I’ve done all the usual things, restart luup, restart vera router, unplug without any luck. I’ve also tried deleting the device (an intermatic outdoor module) which does not seem to want to delete. I’ve added this device in the past, so I think my problems may be related to poor timing.

Background:
My Vera 3 has been running UI5 great for quite a while. I unplugged the vera to include a node to the system with the battery backup. I successfully added the node, shut down, and plugged back in. Then at startup tried to reconfigure the serial devices. When you run off battery the serial devices are not present and need to be manually reconfigured. I noticed that those (or anything else) would not save.

Any thoughts or workarounds to fix? Thanks!

Raise a support ticket.

This recently happened to me (a few weeks ago), I did not raise the support but restored which resolved the issue.

My suspicion is a corrupted user_data.json.lzo You may be able to recover from a previous version, as described in this post.

But, before you do that, make sure that you are not out of disk space(flash storage full). See this post on how to check that.

As stated by @Brientim, restoring from a known good backup is an option. Contacting Vera support is always your best hope.

Z-waver that is exactly the issue and in my case, all five previous were affected.

The recovery point for me, was the night before which I found unusual.