Enroll to our Linux Beta Program now

Hello,

We are opening the enrollment for Beta testing our latest Ezlo Linux builds for: Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Secure.

Please enter your information here if you want to receive the beta build* every 2 week.

• Your controller will be automatically updated to the beta firmware every 2 week.
  • If you are not part of the Beta Program you will still receive the Linux build, when it will be public.
  • All existing Beta users will still be part of the new Beta Program.

You can use the Vera Mobile or MiOS app, without issue. Prerequisites:

• have a Ezlo Plus or Ezlo Secure
  • iOS 9+
  • Android 8.1+

Not automatically I hope. I don’t want my production Vera Plus running Vera firmware to be changed to Ezlo Linux firmware.

Hi
I do not understand your request, you still have to register and fill out another form to participate in the beta. A simple “would you like to continue receiving beta versions” answer yes or no would be sufficient …

This is just for Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Secure. It will not update your Vera Plus controller.

@Pitt13, this is for the new users that want to be part of the beta. As mentioned, all existing Beta users will still be part of the new Beta Program. You don’t need to fill again this form.

1 Like

I read it wrong.

I thought this was for installing the Ezlo firmware on Vera Plus and Vera Secure hubs.

1 Like

It is not so clear to me now who this is supposed to affect. The current beta testers get the beta updates anyway. Is there another group of people who have Ezlo Plus / Secure hardware? Will hardware be sent to new beta testers again?

1 Like

Odysee

Does this not explain it ?

But who are these “new users that want to be part of the beta”? Without the hardware this makes no sense. Is there another wave of Plus/Secure controllers sent to beta testers?

They are selling the hardware.

I’ve heard of the presale but still can’t quite believe it. In my opinion, the product is still a long way from being a productive system. Do the buyers know they are beta testers?

1 Like

Tell Ezlo LOL

I did. I purchased from the presale, well aware of what I was getting. And I know of at least 2 Ezlo Secures that have been delivered, between mine and a friend’s.

I’m slowly migrating my production system from my edge to the secure. I’ve spent my career in the software industry and am a firm believer in dogfood and beta feedback, so I know I will do a better job of feedback if I’m forcing myself to make the transition, which I hope helps the product.

Is it still missing things? Yes, but I hope to see those arrive over the coming months. There is enough there to handle most of the simpler scenarios, so I’m willing to transition and push the edges.

3 Likes

I sincerely appreciate your support Mekle! We’ll do everything possible not to let you down. We have bi-weekly sprints where we are constantly pushing out code. Its only matter of time…everyone is hard at work developing code!

Again, I couldn’t ignore your statement of support and felt compelled to respond, thank you!

PS: Service Desk , we now have this working, where there is a direct link from users to our development team and then feedback back to users.

Thank you Melih, I appreciate the Jira link, I’ve already added my first issue there late last Friday. :slight_smile:

I look forward to watching the changes roll out.

2 Likes

That must be the 1000th time I’ve read about someone being confused by the ezlo product naming scheme, copying verbatim as it does the previous company’s Vera offerings (Plus, Secure, etc.). Must unfortunate.

A name is just a name. It doesn’t bother me we have a Vera Plus and Ezlo Plus or Vera Secure and Ezlo Secure.

For existing Vera users and customers who are not always on these forums it makes it obvious what the replacement equivalent model is.

I was half asleep when I read it LOL.

Is it possible to do so?

Do what?..

Having Vera Secure or Vera Plus running in Ezlo firmware.