EnOcean ESP3 Gateway plugin

Plugin is now available on apps.mios.com

You can find installation instructions here:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_enocean-esp3-gateway

Post here any bugs you find or any feature requests, or send them to my e-mail address:
andrei@mios.com

Also, if you have any questions, post them here.

• Andrei -

[quote=ā€œmcv.andrei, post:1, topic:177996ā€]Plugin is now available on apps.mios.com

You can find installation instructions here:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_enocean-esp3-gateway

Post here any bugs you find or any feature requests, or send them to my e-mail address:
andrei@mios.com

Also, if you have any questions, post them here.

• Andrei -[/quote]

Very cool. Do you have any experience or insight into how Z-Wave and EnOcean wireless protocols coexist in the different supported geographies? I know the European frequencies are nearly identical.

Thank you for this!

watou

Hi,

I am sorry but I cannot give you this kind of information, I used USB300C dongles to simulate EnOcean devices witch transmits on 315 MHZ and didnā€™t encounter any problem.

Very good news ! Glad to see MCV contributing to plugin dev.
Does somebody already test that enOcean dongle on a USB (powered) hub ?

Have a nice WE.

Hi Andrei, does your plugin work with a vera2 ?
I connect a usb300 and it seems to work with your plugin, can you confirm.
I try to learn a contact sensor but it isnā€™t recognise. What to do to help you for more device. Iā€™m a EU customer.

Envoy? de mon GT-I9100 en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi all,

I have experienced this plugin and I wish first of all to thank Andrei for his work.
That allow us to use EnOcean devices on Vera which is a quite big feature!

I propose to share my experiences on EnOcean use under Vera lite and my ideas to improve plugin.
Hardware:

• USB300 EnOcean controller
  • 2 Vimar double switch

Installation:
Plugin installation is quite easy and it take me around 2 minutes to include my 2 switches \o/
The switches come with 6 auto created light devices with ā€œONā€ or ā€œOFFā€ status.
They are named by internal IDs:
(EO-01) 00-FF-FF-FF-B : Left switch
(EO-01) 00-FF-FF-FF-A : Right switch
(EO-01) 00-FF-FF-FF-AIBI : Will be ON when both switches are pressed ON at same time
(EO-01) 00-FF-FF-FF-AIBO : Will be ON when A switch is pressed ON and B switch is pressed OFF at same time
(EO-01) 00-FF-FF-FF-AOBI : Will be ON when A switch is pressed OFF and B switch is pressed ON at same time
(EO-01) 00-FF-FF-FF-AOBO : Will be ON when both switches are pressed OFF at same time
Note that I have returned the switch up side down to get ā€œONā€ on high and ā€œOFFā€ on low

That allow to manage differents scenarios easily and/or secret functionalities :slight_smile:

Testing:
Testing is quite OK. The switches are quite reactive and scenarios are easilly launched. There is no big differences with standard Zwave devices.

Trouble shootings:
While testing I found 2 limitations:

1. On the 4 ā€œvirtualā€ devices depending on both switches, there is no physical way to set them to OFF. I mean if you press both switches ON, the ā€œAIBIā€ device will be set to ON andā€¦ thatā€™s all, you have no harware way to set it back to OFF state. You can do it by software only.
    => My first idea is to manage the scenario to set back the device to OFF when complete.
    => A second way might be to correct it as point 2 below.

2. This feedback is quite more disturbing. The thing is the soft light device does not fit well with the hard switch device.
    Taking and example with:

• A light on a fibaro Zwave switch
  • One switch on the wall linked to Fibaro switch
  • One Vimar switch

When I click on Vimar switch, the light is set to ON.
When I use the original switch to switch OFF the light, the light goes OFF (normal behaviour until this point).
Here I get the wimar switch ON under the Vera but the light is OFF.
At this point, if I switch ON Vimar switch, nothing happen. The reason is the switch (in fact the Vera light device) is already ON. So to light up again, I have to switch OFF/ON the Vimar switch.

=> One temporary solution would be to create a scenario which align light real status with all the switches linked (i.e. a scenario trigerred when light goes OFF which set switches to OFF and a scenario trigerred when light goes ON which set switches to ON). But thatā€™s quite tricky :slight_smile:

=> One real solution should be to have a switch device under the Vera. The switch could be managed with 3 states : ON/OFF/Nothing pressed. This way (looking like the roller shutter switches) would allow to send several ā€œONā€ orders in a row. Note the Vera already physically receive several ā€œONā€ orders each time you press the switch (you can see the packets in the logs) but itā€™s not modifying the Vera light device status (as already ONā€¦).

Anyway thanks again to the author which allow us to us battery free devices.
I stay available if you need more informations, details or testing (and I can do it in French if needed :slight_smile: ).

Regards,
Maikinoki

Really not thrilled there is no activity on this thread. There would seem to be a huge potential to utilize the occupancy sensors for lighting controlā€¦

Why surprised? It was started by somebody from MCV after all! :wink:

[quote=ā€œgilles, post:5, topic:177996ā€]Hi Andrei, does your plugin work with a vera2 ?
I connect a usb300 and it seems to work with your plugin, can you confirm.
I try to learn a contact sensor but it isnā€™t recognise. What to do to help you for more device. Iā€™m a EU customer.[/quote]

Hi gilles,

Sorry for the late response, but I was waiting for some EnOcean devices to check what you asked. I tested the plugin with a double rocker pad on a Vera 2 and all seems to work fine. I was waiting for the devices because the development for this plugin was made with 2 usb300c dongles ( one connected to Vera and the other for simulating devices) and I wanted to check this with some real devices. Please check the list below to see if you devices is supported.

Here is a list with devices supported by this plugin:

Products the gateway would listen to: EEP profile
Occ sensor a5-07-xy
PTM switch f6-xx-yy
Window/Door Sensor d5-00-01
Temp Sensor A5-02-xy
Profiles to transmit from the Gateway: EEP profile
PTM switch f6-xx-yy

As I was saying, those devices have been simulated with a usb300c dongle, any feedback is much appreciated.

@ Maikinoki : Thank you for your review, Iā€™ll try to work on fixing the problems you mentioned, but for now my ā€œto doā€ list is kind of full. As soon as I will clear some thing from my list, I will start working.

Hi Andrei,

Itā€™s my turn to apologize as you wrote me some informations about esp3 plugin.

I recently bought au double switch from vitec as maikinoki and had a strange behaviour.

Iā€™v only got three devices in vera instead of four.

Strangely , I can see all the telegrams as Maikinoki see.

How to solve this ?

@Maikinoki, What do you excatly do to include vimar device.

Only one button, or whatelse ?

PS: Maikinoki merci pour tes ?crits.

Hi all,

@Andrei : Do not hesitate to ask me if you need some more details. I donā€™t know how the devices type are managed in the plugin but in fact I think there is just a ā€œswitchā€ type to create (if not already existing) to manage ON/OFF/None status. A scene controller type should match too (as for keylogs) to allow managing double switch as buttons 1/2 and 3/4.
I understand you get plenty of work :slight_smile:

@Gilles : I did this test quite a long time ago but Iā€™m quite sure I did not do any tricky thing :

• Set EnOcean gateway device to ā€œLearnā€
  • Push a button (you see in Vera header messages there is activity on EnOcean plugin)
    Then all devices (6 as explained) are created. Maybe Iā€™ve done a refresh but thatā€™s all.
    What are the 3 devices you get ?

A thing I have tested is to delete all the switch devices created. Then when you do the inclusion as before all is automatically recreated all 6.

P.S.: De rien :slight_smile:

Installed the plug-in and paired a Leviton WSC04-IRW occupancy sensor.

Looks like the telegram gets sent, but VERA never trips. Message ā€œ'EnOcean Plugin : A valid telegram has been received ! Target device : 00-04-3F-D9-07-01 Occupancy sensorā€

But motion device doesnā€™t turn red like it shouldā€¦

Confirmed over a few days. EnOcean adapter works, Occupancy Sensor works, telegrams and sent and received, but the plug-in is not correctly tripping the motion sensor to make the occupancy actionable. We need an updated plug-in?

Hi,

Since today evening I get following error :
EnOcean Gateway[54] : Startup Lua Failed

Someone reported the same in a comment of a tutorial on this plugin :
http://domotique-info.fr/2013/12/tuto-plugin-enocean-et-veralite/?replytocom=13938#respond

Is there anything changed ???

In the log I get the following:
50 03/05/14 6:20:28.120 luup_log:54: EnOcean ESP3 Gateway startup <0x2b347680>
01 03/05/14 6:20:28.211 [glow=red,2,300]LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 54 function enocean_startup failed [string ā€œā€¦ā€]:17: attempt to call field ā€˜Initā€™ (a nil value)[/glow] <0x2b347680>
01 03/05/14 6:20:28.212 [glow=red,2,300]LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 54 I_EnOceanGateway1.xml failed <0x2b347680>[/glow]

For me last actions were to add some Oregon devices by the RFXCOM plugin. Nothing related apparentlyā€¦
I donā€™t know how to find what have been updated.

[quote=ā€œMaikinoki, post:14, topic:177996ā€]Hi,

Since today evening I get following error :
EnOcean Gateway[54] : Startup Lua Failed[/quote]

Well damn, now 20 minutes later, now I am seeing this too. And neither a re-load or reboot will make it go away. The only thing I have done this afternoon is update LUUP files for an unrelated plug-inā€¦

Hi all,

Plugin should work now, please someone confirm this.

• Andrei -

Hi,

it works now :slight_smile:
Thank you !

Hi all,

[s]I have desactivated/reactivated the plugin auto update and reboot the Vera twice but I still get the error.
Is there anything else to do ?
My release is 1.1, should it change to 1.2 in plugin details ?
After several reboot I donā€™t see difference in plugin, is there a way to force auto update ?
Should I reinstall 1.0 release (the one available in the store) ? Will I loose all my devices ?

I can update files manually but in the file browsing I do not find any update :
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_enocean-esp3-gateway/browser[/s]

Release is back to 1.0 so it should be OK (Iā€™m not at home so I canā€™t really test)

Hi Maikinoki,

Try update to 1.2, itā€™s now available on apps store and see if this will fix your problem

• Andrei -

The plugin works fine in 1.2 now :slight_smile: