Energy Usage in MIOS with UI4

Hi,
I’m a proud owner of a Vera2 with UI4 for a couple weeks already, got a Trane Thermostat, a couple appliance modules, light switches, 2 Schlage Locks and an ACT ZRF113 Relay Module connected to my pool pump.

This forum has been a great help to get everything going so far, but the one thing I can’t get to work is the Energy Tab in cp.mios.com. I’ve manually added the wattage info to some of the devices under device Settings - Energy Used, but nothing ever shows up under the Energy Usage Tab.
I’ve also looked for the Energy Plugin on the Marketplace, but there’s no such plugin showing up.

Am I missing something?

My vera2 currently is on 1.1.1036, I had to downgrade from 1.1.1047, because it restarted about every hour.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Try ticking the “show unreleased beta plugins” check box.

The plugin used to be called energy alerts and profiling (also something else before that) and now it seems to be called “echo energy manager”. I haven’t tried it, but it may be worth waiting for the next release which now has the energy plugin integrated in the build.

Thanks, I found and downloaded the ECHO Energy Manager from the beta plugin section. Unfortunately it fails with ‘Stack overflow at line: 0’ and ‘Startup Lua Failed’.

I guess, I’ll wait for the next release then.

I'm a proud owner of a Vera2 with UI4 for a couple weeks already, got a Trane Thermostat, a couple appliance modules, light switches, 2 Schlage Locks and an ACT ZRF113 Relay Module connected to my pool pump.

I’ve wanted to control my pool pump and noticed you were doing with the above device. Is your pool pump 220V? and do you have it mounted near the pump in a box (since its an indoor device)?

Thanks!

Yes, my pool pump is 220v and I’ve put the relay is in an empty box close to the pump. Next to that box is a breaker box in an enclosure, so I have the necessary 110v and 220v connections close by.
I’ve extended the antenna of the relay about 12in, so that it reaches to the outside of the box and I get a better reception.
Without the extension Vera didn’t get a feedback from the relay if commands were successful, but they still ran (on and off). With the antenna extension Vera now sees the status of the relay.
So far the pool pump works great; it’s a huge improvement to the mechanical old timer that was there before, now I can change the run time schedule very easy… if only the Energy plugin would work…