Energy usage for 433MHz devices?

With Z-Wave devices you can choose to enter the W the use under Settings → Energy used.

(picture from Z-wave in da haus - Hemautomation | Sida 23 | Byggahus.se in Swedish)

This means you can use this data to better calculate energy consumption based on how long the devices is switched on.

With the light switches controlled by RFXtrx this option is not available.

There IS however a lot of other variables. Could someone with better understanding of these things answer if this could be fixed?

I would love to see this as well. Is it possible to implement?

My plugin is using the standard MCV device for light switch.
Please compare the two device types. If they are identical, you should have the same Watt parameter in the settings tab.
I will take a look on my side too.

I compared my Z-Wave on/off switch with one of my 433MHz on/off switches and one 433MHz dimmer switches. The option for watt calculation is not there. Please see attached screenshots.

Solved. Do like this:

Under tab “Advanced”:
New service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1
New variable: UserSuppliedWattage
New value: 60 (for example)

Save and reload.

[quote=“Freddan101, post:5, topic:177151”]Solved. Do like this:

Under tab “Advanced”:
New value: 60 (for example)?

Save and reload.[/quote]

Huzzah!

This seems to work. Just going to check if the new service is included in power consumtion settings.

Of course this wont be exact if you use the original remotes or ordinary switches in addition to Vera, but is always something!

[quote=“n0ir, post:6, topic:177151”][quote=“Freddan101, post:5, topic:177151”]Solved. Do like this:

Under tab “Advanced”:
New value: 60 (for example)?

Save and reload.[/quote]

Huzzah!

This seems to work. Just going to check if the new service is included in power consumtion settings.

Of course this wont be exact if you use the original remotes or ordinary switches in addition to Vera, but is always something![/quote]
In dataMine, for each device, I’m monitoring the Watts variable under …:EnergyMetering1 and it works great.

Have you somehow solved the issue with 433Mhz not being double-way communications and the Vera not knowing if you turn on a 433MHz switch with the manual switch?

Have you somehow solved the issue with 433Mhz not being double-way communications and the Vera not knowing if you turn on a 433MHz switch with the manual switch?[/quote]

I think it is quite imposible to get a workaround for this, so the monitoring will newer be 100% accurate but it is better than nothing i guess.

The remote shows up in Vera but I don’t know if it’s possible to catch the signal and make something of it.