Enable Remote Panic

Hi All,

I have had my EVL-3 running successfully now for a few months. Arming and disarming via scent, PLEG and VeraMate on iOS all working well. This week I installed 4 Z-Wave smokes and I want to have them trigger a panic alarm should they go off which will then call my central monitoring station and send me a text message. The issue I’m having is getting the panic to work. I found some references to the EnableRemotePanic option in the advanced section, changing it to true or panic does not seem to work. Anyone get this to work…?

I am profoundly interested in how you got this to work.

Ha, friggin auto-correct…should have said “scene”

Nobody…?

I am looking for an answer too. I tried “panic” but i got an error message

ditto,
I’ve set EnableRemotePanic to ‘panic’ and tried using PLEG as follows
trigger: door_open
condition: door_open and alarm_armed
action:device:alarm control panel device Action: RequestPanicMode State:panic

the wierd thing I noticed is that to my knowledge I’m using partition 1
however in PLEG whe I select the Device Action it comes up with this list
urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2"
RequestArmMode
RequestQuickArmMode<
RequestPanicMode
urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPartition1
urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1

Note: I have successfully used the alarm to trigger PLEG/scenses so know that the comms via envisalink are working well (I can even remote arm via HomeWave).

It is weird. I tried “EnableRemotePanic = panic” before and it did not work. Just try it again today and it works :slight_smile:

No way, I’m trying this again tonight.

the wierd thing I noticed is that to my knowledge I'm using partition 1 however in PLEG whe I select the Device Action it comes up with this list urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2"

The 2 in the serviceID has nothing to do with the Partition #, this is Version 2 of the Service definitions.

It seems only “RequestPanicMode = Fire” trigger my DSC alarm (not Police or Medical). Anyway, I am just planning to scare my wife remotely if I could not call her when she is at home :slight_smile:

Didn’t even know there was a fire/police/medical option.
I’ll try and test the fire option next week