Empty response

[quote=“garrettwp”][quote=“Exorcist, post:15, topic:174504”]Did not find a good reason to open a new thread, hence bumping this old one as i am facing the same issue.
Trying to create a shortcut on my S4, for a garage door toggle for lock and unlock (one button toggle), there is an option for that… but each time i try to press the toggle switch shortcut i get Error: Empty Response.
But when i create two shortcuts for lock and unlock for the same device it works fine.
No point in creating two buttons when one toggle shortcut can do the same job.[/quote]

I though I fixed this in the current release. Are you running the current version from the app store? I know it is fixed in the build I am working on right now. I’ll have to look at the code base for the version in the app store.

• Garrett[/quote]

Garret my apologies on the late reply, got busy with family life and unwanted guests at home.
Yes I have downloaded the most current app from the play store. I am gonna uninstall and reinstall the app tomorrow again and report back. On my bed before going to sleep looking at tapatalk and responding :smiley:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hi Garrett,

Just wondering if this was ever resolved. I also have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and can’t connect due to the empty response error.

Thanks

I hope to have solved the empty response issue with a new alpha build I would like to release in the next few days. Unfortunately, a family emergency has caused me to not have time this week to work on the app. :frowning:

• Garrett

so far I’ve only gotten back ‘empty response’ when trying to set 2 of the camera sensors to bypass mode. But that is Vera and not Authomation as somehow those come up ‘not implemented’ when I click on them in the dashboard. No big deal as my main camera software is Blue Iris.

I am to getting empty response. And cannot connect through remote. But local works fine.
Any solution??

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

I found out the “empty response” is when there is a bad connection, most of the time with 3G-edge etc.
Quiting the programm and try again solves it most of the time.

Cor

That doesnt work for me. Still cant connect to my vera

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

I experience the same problem, empty response, after the update to 3.1.9.1 today

[quote=“jolerius, post:27, topic:174504”]That doesnt work for me. Still cant connect to my vera

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk[/quote]

This is only for remote access? I would double check your connection settings.

• Garrett

Is this for both remote and local access or one or the other?

• Garrett

I am bumping this because I am getting the empty response. Here are the specifics of my situation:

-Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted (I have had this issue on both 4.3 and 4.4 roms)
-Local access works fine on very app I have tried.
-UI5

I cannot get remote access to work at all ever on any app. Reaching out here in hopes for a solution. Thanks in advance for any help.

Does AutHomation work via local access?

What version of AutHomation are you running?
What version of Vera firmware are you running?

• Garrett

Bump…

I too am having this issue. I wonder if it’s something with rooting? I’m running the latest version of Authomation on a rooted S4 running the Hyperdrive ROM. I get this error on any lock that I create a toggle widget for. If I create a simple lock or unlock widget, all works fine. All other widgets work fine also - lights, HVAC, etc. Using the lock/unlock in the application itself works fine.

Love the app! Nice work - any ideas on how to solve?

[quote=“Sullyfamily, post:33, topic:174504”]Bump…

I too am having this issue. I wonder if it’s something with rooting? I’m running the latest version of Authomation on a rooted S4 running the Hyperdrive ROM. I get this error on any lock that I create a toggle widget for. If I create a simple lock or unlock widget, all works fine. All other widgets work fine also - lights, HVAC, etc. Using the lock/unlock in the application itself works fine.

Love the app! Nice work - any ideas on how to solve?[/quote]

Are you running AutHomationHD? I would assume you are running version 3.1.3.11? This could be a bug that I may have over looked. Please tell me the version number of the app.

• Garrett

Garrett - sorry for the late response, been traveling all week. Yes I am running HD 3.1.3.11.

Good day everyone, I am having a similar problem:

Try to connect remotely and either get a message saying unknown error or sometimes “empty response”.
throughout the day if I try logging in between two different usernames it sometimes logs in. but mostly not.
It could be a coincidence but the problems started after I installed the Push notification app(app 2508 version 0.98) on the Vera. After installing the app on Vera the browser gave a little error saying that the connection is secure but the page contains insecure items, I guess this is the Icon used for the app as it points to a file online and not a local file.

I am able to connect to Vera using homebuddy and the vera mobile app (both of which we all know dont even compare to AutHomation.)

I have downloaded my data2 file and will send it to you if this will help. If there are any tests you would like me to perform to help out just let me know.

My details are as follows:
Samsung S3 (rooted) running Delta rom V3.2, my wife having the same problem using Samsung S4 cyanogenmod.
Vera3 1.5.622
App version: 3.1.3.11 (Play Store)

Seems like the issue might have been with my router as I was not connecting directly to the Vera but rather through the router. After rebooting the router and then the Vera all is working fine even with the push notification app installed…

I will let you guys know if this changes.

I really hate problems that are solved with “turning it off and on” as you never know what the root of the problem is… silly router.