Elk/ness M1 app

Is anyone else having issues with these plugins?
I noticed ness updated the m1 app recently which I tried but received a constant Lua error.
The elk m1 app still isnt working properly for me since the update either.
I cant operate outputs nor arm/disarm the m1 from the Vera, feedback seems to be working fine.
Whenever I attempt to operate I get a device not ready error.

Hello,

I sent you an email from our support platform, could you please reply?

Thank you!

Hi maegda,
Have just replied now,
thank you!

[quote=“Andys, post:1, topic:199985”]Is anyone else having issues with these plugins?
I noticed ness updated the m1 app recently which I tried but received a constant Lua error.
The elk m1 app still isnt working properly for me since the update either.
I cant operate outputs nor arm/disarm the m1 from the Vera, feedback seems to be working fine.
Whenever I attempt to operate I get a device not ready error.[/quote]

Exactly the same problems AndyS. I’m on 3.6 only just bought the vera (from Ness) because they were trumpeting its integration. Posted my comments on the Ness installers forum and so far the response has been that their demo model is working fine, still waiting for a follow up reply

Edit: AaronK from Ness thought the issue was related to the way I had installed the (ie through the official Install Apps) he teamviewered into my pc and could see the issues, uninstalled the app and then “sideloaded” it - the same issues persisted so he “sideloaded” an older version of the app which fixed the problems. There is one remaining bugbear in that zones change there state from disarmed to armed and stay latched as armed whenever they trip (become unsealed).

At least yours is working Trevor, when I contacted them they claimed there were no known issues.
Wish I could roll back to the old version where everything worked fine!
The issue with the zone inputs is also normal behaviour according to ness, (always staying armed regardless of mode) I received that in an email from them.
I have since changed controller and the Vera is now sitting in my cupboard doing nothing.
Hopefully it might come in handy in the future with upgrades.

Which controller did you swap to Andy?

Fibaro homecentre lite.
Costs more, but is a lot more responsive.
Nowhere near as many plugins available either but that doesn?t bother me. I?m mainly using zwave for lighting.

I had a look at the code and worked out how to change the “default” behaviour of a zone changing to armed whenever it was tripped. It was just a case of commenting out 2 lines of code in the L_NessAlarmPanel1.lua file. (This was on 3.50 version)

Well done :slight_smile:
R u able to operate outputs and arm/disarm from the Vera?

Yes outputs can be controlled by vera, arming (and I guess disarming too - I only tested with an arm only code) works however it doesn’t store the code it needs to be entered into vera each time - so I took a different tack and created a task (Vera Arm Away) and created an M1 rule to auto-arm whenever that task is run and just run the task from vera.

Seems like you are getting it all sorted, I might have to contact Aaron down the track and see if he can install the old version on mine too one day.
My homecentre is working great though, have got a binary input connected to the m1 for arm/disarm status for welcome and goodbye scenes and all is well, Siri is now my best friend according to my other half :wink:

I can pm or email the files if you want, the process for uploading them is very simple.

No thanks Trevor, appreciate the offer but I will stick with the homecentre. I also have quite a few fibaro dual relays around the house which are also problematic with the Vera.
Everything is smooth as silk now :slight_smile:

No problem Andy

Hi Trevor
Ive been trying without much success to integrate a Vera Plus with a Ness M1.
Could you please email me the file to use for this?
Email is: ramnish.verma@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Hi Trevor do you still have those files ? If so could you please email them to me mattnevertouch@gmail.com

Are you guys having trouble with the existing plugin?
What Is and isn’t working for you?
I was kind of hoping with all the development that has been going on there may have been some positive outcomes…

Has anyone been able to get the the Elk M1 version 2.46 App to arm and disarm again?

Hey Andy
Were you able to get the Elk M1 version 2.46 App to arm and disarm again?

Hi Andy,
I have tried to use both the Elk and Ness plugin and i cannot control the Elk outputs from Vera.
If the output is changed from the M1 the status updates on Vera. Below is a log file error when i try and control an output from Vera

02 07/03/19 18:07:51.323 eJobHandler_LuaUPnP::RunAction device 559 action urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1/SetTarget failed with -911/Device not readye <0x74522520>
02 07/03/19 18:08:45.065 eJobHandler_LuaUPnP::RunAction device 558 action urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1/SetTarget failed with -911/Device not readye <0x74522520>

Everything else seems to operate as normal, for example I have a trigger from the M1 that turns on lights at night.

There is no issue with the connection between Vera and the M1, I get messages on the Vera when ELKRP is connected and also any trouble reports from the M1 show up in Vera.

I’m using app Version 2.46 and M1 Firmware Version is 5.3.10

I 'm a total noob when it comes to understanding Lua. One thing i have noticed is on the Alarm panel device in the Variables Tab the Field labelled OutputControls have a value of none.

Screenshot attached