edekcity remote socket

Hi

probably posted this in wrong forum before ( lighting ).

Has anyone got these sockets to work with the RFXtrx VERA plugin ? The devices themselves are listed as supported by a lighting 1 / Energie protocol in the RFXtrx manual but I cant get VERA/ RFX plugin to detect them

Thanks

Richard

I don’t have any products from Etekcity so I can’t say I’ve gotten them to work. Can you tell me exactly which product you have? Are you really just talking about the socket or is it the remote you’re trying to detect?

Hi tinman

Yes its basically just the sockets which are etekcity model bhc9938b/a. I was naively hoping that VERA/RFXtrx could auto detect and create a device for one of these in the same way it does for a LightwaveRF i.e. by switching the socket off/on by the remote with autocreate “on” in the managed devices tab.

It doesn’t look as if its possible but I have been doing a bit of reading up and probably need to start with the RFXtrx connected to a PC and run the mgr app to see how it interacts with the socket ( if it does ).

Using the RFXmngr is a good place to start. If you got a remote along with the socket then you’ll want to see if the RFXtrx transceiver captures the signal from the remote. The socket of course doesn’t transmit anything so the RFXtrx cannot auto detect it at all. If you have the remote that goes with the socket then you should be able to have the RFXtrx plugin operate the socket. Capture what the RFXmngr decodes from the remote. It will help to create a device using the RFXtrx plugin for the Vera.

Etekcity is transmit only, the remote is not received.
And Etekcity needs Type, Type2 or Ext firmware.
See chapter 2.2.2. in the RFXtrx User Guide.

OK thanks guys

will have a go with the mgr app and report back