EcoNet Controls EBV105 Z-Vent Valve Controller "Failed at: Getting the version"

I just installed an EcoNet Controls EBV105 Z-Vent Valve Controller on the main water valve in my house, and I’ve included it on my Vera 3. Vera sees the switch and controls it properly, but it’s showing a “Failed at: Getting the version” error when Vera tries to configure the device. I’m using UI5, and I’ve tried healing the one node as well as healing the entire network, but neither has fixed the issue. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

I have enrolled the EBV-105 into my Vera Edge UI7 - based network and had no problem (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,31894.msg245217.html#msg245217). I enrolled the EBV105 as a generic device and I did not get this error message. Perhaps, you may wish to try to exclude and enroll the EBV105 again, as a generic device?

I’ve tried to exclude and then enroll, and still get the error. I’ve also tried a second valve controller, and it fails at the same point. The issue seems to be specific to Vera 3 on UI5.

I just installed the 1" version of the econet valve controller. Works fine with smartthings but it struggles mightily to turn my main water valve. With the clutch pulled, I’m able to turn the valve easily which confirms that it’s installed correctly. I’ll be returning it to the store.

Just installed two of these on my 1/2" valves. VeraEdge UI7 and no issues.

For MSW with your Vera Edge, did you use a Generic Device when you installed the valve controller? I just installed the EBV105 this morning and am going to include it with my VeraEdge this evening.