ecobee Switch+ Integration (WiFi switch with Alexa built in)

Seeing as how this is a brand new product, I didn’t expect direct integration right out of the box. So, I figured I’d ask on here…

Has anyone attempted integration of the new ecobee Switch+ into their Vera system, yet? I have one sitting here in the box, ready to install, but I was hoping to get more information about how I’ll need to get it integrated, first. I see there’s an ecobee Vera app available, but it’s for a thermostat, not a switch. It may work, but I don’t have high hopes. I’d really like to find some information on IP control of the switch, since it’s a WiFi device. Any thoughts?

-Steve

I?ve installed a new Ecobee4 thermostat and wanted to try the Switch+ device so I installed one at the sameness time. I can say that the build of both devices seem quite good. The Vera app written by John Cocula works really well and integrates the remote sensors with ease. It does not communicate to the switch+ product at this time primarily because ecobee has not released their firmware upgrade which properly enables the thermostat to see the switch device. Ecobee reports that may be coming so with any luck Cocula would expand his app for further control of the switch device. At that point possible you?d have full integration.

Possibly trying ifttt intergration with Vera may enable you to control the switch.

I did manage to utilize the switch and the built in Alexa to control my Vera scenes. That worked fairly good at first try.