easy smoke detector?

Is there a smoke detector that can connect to Vera Lite running UI5 and that uses wired interconnect?

Do you have any smoke detectors now? Do you have wires running to each one? Do you have an alarm panel or smokes related to them?

All the interconnected smokes I have seen are high voltage or are low voltage wired into your alarm.

Both of these setups have was of getting Vera to know if your smokes are going off.

Need more info on what you have first to choose the right path.

I was researching my Kidde smoke wired and interconnected alarms, and you can get an extender from them that has a relay contact that can trip a z-wave switch. Could be your brand my have one too. Certainly cheaper than buying all new smoke alarm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote=“Grwebster, post:3, topic:185072”]I was researching my Kidde smoke wired and interconnected alarms, and you can get an extender from them that has a relay contact that can trip a z-wave switch. Could be your brand my have one too. Certainly cheaper than buying all new smoke alarm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yes a simple high to low voltage relay like this would work if he already has hardwired high voltage smoke installed.

My smoke detector is from Kiddie. I like the idea of using a relay and a zwave door sensor to have the smoke detectors report alarms to Vera. Any ideas on best zwave door sensor that allows input for external contacts that I would use with the Kiddie relay?

I bought this one for other uses but it will work for you app.

there are others.