Easy Heat / Warm Tiles Thermostat?

Is there a way to get these incorporated into Vera?

I would like to spend considerably less than $275 for the WiFi Thermostat.

Is there maybe a way with sensors and relays with PLEG?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I would seriously recommend that you pay the asking price for the properly designed and certified compatible thermostat.

Since you are essentially talking about an under-floor heating system that is the equivalent of an electric stove, the consequences of a malfunction of a vera/pleg based control system could be catastrophic.

Do not cheap out on your families safety.

A web search shows company?s that sell this thermostat for $150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“cybrmage, post:2, topic:197642”]I would seriously recommend that you pay the asking price for the properly designed and certified compatible thermostat.

Since you are essentially talking about an under-floor heating system that is the equivalent of an electric stove, the consequences of a malfunction of a vera/pleg based control system could be catastrophic.

Do not cheap out on your families safety.[/quote]

Point well taken and there’s no arguing with that logic!

I already have a wall mounted thermostat and am considering getting the WiFi one but either way I’d like to get it connected to Vera… I am in process of setting up some $30 Amazon Fire HD8 Tablets as wall mounted controllers for Vera using ImperiHome and sorta wanted to remove the wall mounted Floor Tile Thermostat completely and replace it with the ImperiHome Tablet Controller. The spot where the existing thermostat is mounted is a perfect spot for this wall mounted tablet.

This lousy forum software used by micasaverde doesn’t properly upload pictures from tapatalk (Come on Vera, get into the 21st century! For a tech HA company you should be embarrassed)

It has an two-wire control from the heat sensor, BTW. Some sort of logic is being transmitted through that, no? The eight wire connector is for each half of the thermostat to connect.

Any thoughts on using a thermostat from www.heatit.com?

An electrician friend of mine just installed the wiring for an under floor heating system (small project, only a portion of the bathroom floor.

He mentioned there were two sensing elements installed, One for temperature control and another spare. Seems like an excellent idea to me.

Just for information.

For me, I would investigate the result of a “full on” thermostat failure before i tired to use an alternate system. Or connected it to my Vera.

In my mind the Vera is for things that are inconsequential if the controller failed or outputted a bogus command.

[quote=“cybrmage”]I would seriously recommend that you pay the asking price for the properly designed and certified compatible thermostat.

Do not cheap out on your families safety.[/quote]
I have the same desire to control floor heat in a bathroom with zwave, PLEG control.

And I share cybrmage?s thoughts about safety.

Can both be achieved by utilizing the properly matched thermostat, but using a properly rated zwave switch to control the floor heating element mains? This way, the thermostat is still the safe and ultimate controller of heat level, zwave is only on/off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro