DSCAlarmPanel : Invalid Password for the EnvisaLink module, please reconfigure.

Anyone know how to fix this in Vera UI? I’m using the EVL 3 with default password / user name and it works fine online. Just can’t get it working in Vera.

Do you have the works with nest plugin running? The wwn plugin prevents the dsc plugin from working correctly. I’d recommend the nest app by watou.

I get that a few times a year. It goes away same day.

NO. No, no HVAC tied in yet. I have 2 HVAC sys each with 3 zones and t-stats (6 total t-stats)…

Right now I have:
ERGY Plugin (not in use. tried to create account but link said "app not updated for compatibility to Vera yet. Left email to get notice when ready for Vera).

Wunderground Weather Plugin (use to display weather condition on I-pad home controller via “Homewave” app. Works fine.

DSC Alarm Panel Plugin. Originally it loaded and found everything but could not arm / disarm through Vera. Added “disarm” at: DCSAlarmPanel/ notifications/ variables/ EnableRemoteArm / “disarm”. As soon as I did that the blue banner “DSCAlarmPanel : Invalid Password for the EnvisaLink module, please reconfigure” popped up and has been like that for over a week…

Same issue. Vera support has been no help. They simply direct me to forum links which do not address the problem to closure.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the app several times. I have the factory default user name in the EVL 3 but I do have a personal password. I cannot find anywhere in Vera under the DSC app to enter the password it keeps asking me to configure with:

I have NOT tried returning the EVL password to default to see if that works but even if it did, surely everyone that uses EVL 3 to DSC does not leave the default password for security reasons.

Someone has to know the answer to this. I’m guessing its as vague as entering “disarm” in the remote variable to allow remote alarming…(No way you would get that by browsing the VERA UI). Where in Vera under the DSC app do I enter the password it keeps asking me to configure??

Need default username and password to make it work. Been discussed in the past.

I restored default password in EVL 3 and all works…Thanks.

I’ve managed to fully migrate my DSC system from VeraLite U15 to VeraEdge U17, with great help from postings on this forum, but I’m very troubled, from a security perspective, with the need to use the default Envisalink password.

Is there no hope that something can be done to restore the ability to connect to a private password? While I’m sure you a right about the discussions, I haven’t been able to find any of them. Would appreciate any links you might have to them.

From a technical standpoint, it seems likely to be possible to do, and most easily accomplished if the developer of the DSC Panel app could update the app.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

See http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,5154.msg77911.html#msg77911

Thank you Brientim for the useful link. I never would have found that.

I was a bit apprehensive to use it on my system, since it was 4 years old on a previous release of the App, and was being used on the U15 OS, but I finally took a chance and made the entries exactly as suggested to add the Variable.

For reference to any others who might want to try it: I selected Devices/DSC Alarm Panel/Advanced/New Service/Variable/value, and entered:

New Service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1
New Variable: InterfacePassword
New Value: user (I entered “user” temporarily, as I had been using that default password to get the system working until I could find a mechanism to let me use a non-default password)

I then selected ADD, and then RELOAD ENGINE

I Logged out, and back in again. It took quite a long time to get back into the controller, but it worked, and I found the InterfacePassword Variable and content in: Devices /DSC Alarm Panel/Advanced/Variables. As expected, InterfacePassword was the last Variable on the list. I changed the Password value, and then changed it in the Envisalink to the same value. Subsequently, I was able to Logout of Vera and back on normally, the Envisalink pathway is now working normally with the new non-default password.

It’s a huge relief to be able to avoid the use of the default password. I know that, as Guessed said in his linked post, that the data could be backed up into the MIOS servers, but at least it reduces the exposure.