DSC Version 0.40 pushed to apps.mios.com

DSC Plugin version 0.40 has been pushed to apps.mios.com for Approval. Once approved, it’ll become generally available there for all UI5/UI7 users.

This version contains changes for UI7, as discussed in this post:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26484.msg187816.html#msg187816

Many thanks to @Brientim for running installing this codebase against his UI5 deployment and running it over the weekend! And also to @garrettwp, who did some early pre-validation of the DeviceType information on the existing UI5 deployment.

Version 0.40 was approved/published on 19th Aug:
MiOS Apps

Running UI7RC and DSC plugin 0.40. Everything seems to be working great with one exception. I cannot disarm from the Dashboard or the Devices screen. I get an error “Exit Delay. Invalid Exit Code” message. I can disarm if I go into Settings > Alarm Partition. Any ideas what could be causing?

The Dashboard rendition for “Disarm” won’t work in UI5 or UI7. It was built for UI4 and it uses a textfield for the PINCode… UI5 removed this functionality without notice, but I’ve left the UI in for UI4 users.

Once UI7 is released, and stable, I will end support for UI4 and remove this functionality from the Dashboard display. Based upon MCV’s prior software releases, it typically takes 6-12 months from when they release until the software is stable/usable for the masses (at least, based upon my loose observations of “requests to revert” after UI5).

Is it possible and is there any plan in the future to add disarm to UI7?

I tried to create a disarm scene but it didn’t work too. Anyone has a similar problem?

First step is to verify the variable are set to allow disarming:

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel

See additional set up

The scene works fine for ui5. Also, I re-create the scene using the ui by selecting my partition/disarm button and the password. It seems ui7 could not save the password correct. It is showing “undefined”.

I haven’t tested this in UI7 through a scene

Is there any way to disarm the alarm through a scene or dashboard. I keep getting the message " invalid access code". UI7 with DSC plugin and EVL3. Thanks

When you get to Step 3: Finish the Scene, you need to go into Advanced Editor and change the PINCode.

I’ve been over the docs and I don’t find any place where is discusses “Breeched”. I’m setting up a Bridged environment and I’m moving my DSC to the Primary Vera from what is now the Secondary. At the same time the version of DSC Plug In changed to Ver 0.40 and along with it apparently a number of Device Properties are gone, including the current Property that contains the “Breeched” situation.

The Docs on MIOS are three months old.

Can someone point me to the place where I can find this so I can get on with moving this thing :slight_smile:

Brientim, thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested but the PINcode keeps reverting back to “undefined”. Even from the dashboard, after entering my pincode and pressing disarm, I get invalid access code. Any Ideas? Thanks

I have just tried this and the same was encountered with UI7,

Work Around - Try this:

[ul][li]Add a delay i.e 5 seconds
[/li][li]Add Action i.e. Partition 1
[list][li]Select Action = RequestArmedMode
[/li][li]State = Armed
[list][li]PINCode = You know this one…
[/li][li]Click Add and then Done[/li][/list]
[/li][/list]

Complete Scene setup as required[/ul]

Lastly, raise the support request to have them look at Scene creation

I have been able to disarm my alarm with the November update.

Cheers,

Any plans to add “Stay Instant” mode as a button to arm the DSC panel in Instant mode (which is usually used when your arm the system in Stay mode with the additional feature or removing Entry Delay)?

Thank you.

[quote=“knassoura, post:16, topic:182545”]Any plans to add “Stay Instant” mode as a button to arm the DSC panel in Instant mode (which is usually used when your arm the system in Stay mode with the additional feature or removing Entry Delay)?

Thank you.[/quote]

I have mine configured for Vera to control three states; Disarm, Arm Away, and Arm Home Instant.

I used “ArmedInstant” as the command to the DSC to get Home Instant, the alarm arms with a N second exit delay and ZERO entry delay.