DSC Power Series PC1832 Alarm Panel vera scene making help

I have a DSC Power Series PC1832 Alarm Panel integrated with vera via the plugin. I normally set the alarm at night via the control panel typing in *9 then my code. I do this to disable the normal entry delay. I have been trying to create a scene to do this with no luck. I can make a scene for away or stay but when I try filling in the blank space with *9 and my code I get nothing when I run it with vera. Any thoughts?

Hi,
I have the same setup and it was straightforward to do. For the scene when you select the device which is the partition for the alarm it gives options to set the dsc ie stay, away etc and to enter the user code xxxx. That’s it.

If you want to test without the scene goto the device called partition x and see if you can set the alarm in stay or away. If that’s not working then come back here.

Regards
Gary

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I can make the scene for AWAY or STAY with my code, it works perfect. I want to make a scene with the *9 arming option. When typing in *9 plus code on the panel it bypasses the entrance delay (good to use at night when you’re sleeping if someone comes in the door(s) that have the delay set, it will sound alarm instantly). I’ve tried adding the *9 plus code but when I run the scene the green ready light on the panel goes out then back on but it doesn’t set the alarm. ???

Do these options still work in UI7? I’ve tried adding (StayInstant and NightInstant) in the advanced editor of the scene I’m trying to create but Entry trigggers “DO NOT” alarm immediately. It still has the entry delay as if I have it set in AWAY.

URL http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel.

Scene Scripting

When defining scenes, the following actions are exposed in Advanced Scene mode:

RequestArmMode(State, PINCode)
RequestQuickArmMode(State)
These have the parameters for the ArmMode Parameter which, in UI5, must be typed in exactly as below:

Disarmed - The Partition is disarmed.
Armed - The Partition is currently armed, or in an “away” mode.
ArmedInstant - The Partition is currently armed, or in an “away” state, Entry triggers Alarm immediately.
Stay - The Partition is in an “at-home” mode, delays are permitted on Entry doors.
StayInstant - The Partition is in an “at-home” mode, Entry doors trigger Alarm immediately.
Night - The Partition is in an “at-home, at-night” mode, delays are permitted on Entry doors.
NightInstant - The Partition is in an “at-home, at-night” mode, Entry doors trigger Alarm immediately.
Force - The Partition is in an “away” mode, but one or more Zones are open.
Vacation - The Partition is currently armed, or in an “away” mode.

After more scene manipulating I figured out these advanced setting ArmMode Parameters do not work with UI7, DCS 1864 and Envisalink EVL3:
StayInstant
Night
NightInstant
Vacation

If you want to setup a scene for instant alarm when a entrance door sensor is breeched such as what DCS calls (*9 arm). The work around I found was to use the AwayInstant parameter in the advanced section of scene creation. Unfortunately if you have any motion sensor(s) as I do, you can not use this work around or you will trigger the motion sensor(s) if/when you’re at home. Until the plugin creator corrects the issues with the advance setting ARMMode Parameters I am forced to use the keypad or use your Envisalink EVL3 account online to set a true *9 arm function for Stay Arm.

If someone has this working with UI7 let me know I’m still looking to use the DCS alarm (*9 arm) function in a scene.