DSC Feature request

Is there anyway that you can change the “Arm” button of your DSC security programming to do a proper arm away? A remote arming of a dsc system without a door being opened defaults into stay mode.

Here is a link for reference: [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=17455.0]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=17455.0[/url]

I was thinking you could modify the command that your app sends, so it would do a proper arm away.

The app adheres to the Alarm Panel standardization that was created by the community and MCV. The arm mode api calls the following:

With pin:

RequestArmMode = Armed

With out pin:

RequestQuickArmMode = Armed

The issue you are experiencing is DSC related and is a feature / side effect of the DSC panel. If I were to make this change, it would affect all other alarm panels (e.g. GE, Paradox, etc). This is something I am not willing to do as I want to conform to the standard. An option mentioned in the other thread is to create a scene to put it in the appropriate mode that you want. The alarm panel dialog in the app offers four options:

Arm
Disarm
Stay
Force

For the device home screen shortcuts and the custom intents offered in tasker offer more options that may be redundant to the DSC panel. I am not sure which command will allow the DSC panel to arm, but not go into stay mode if no exit door is activated.

• Garrett

See recent thread here:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,22879.msg154382.html#msg154382

Thanks for the added info Brientim. You should be able to do this with the current arm button in the app. When pressing the arm button, you will see the pin dialog pop up. Do not enter a pin and click on the “Arm” button. This should request the “RequestQuickArmMode” mode. If I read the other thread correctly, this should put the panel in arm mode. Let me know if this works. I can not test at the moment as I am working.

• Garrett

I have my DSC arm function running via a PLEG. In one case it will arm AWAY and when called by a different scene will arm STAY so it can definitely be done.

On the subject of DSC features, the “ARM/BYPASS” does not appear to actually cause the DSC panel to bypass the zone. Is this by design or is there a way to make selecting BYPASS actually command the DSC to bypass the zone?

The ARM/BYPASS on the Sensors in Vera are a feature of Vera.
i.e. the underlying hardware knows nothing about armed or bypassed.

It would take a change to the DSC plugin to actually use these settings in bypassing zones when a partition is armed.

Vera offers two types of triggers on Sensors:
A sensor is tripped/ not tripped.
An armed sensor is tripped/not tripped.

Currently the Arm/Bypass only effects the second class of Vera Triggers.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:6, topic:180489”]The ARM/BYPASS on the Sensors in Vera are a feature of Vera.
i.e. the underlying hardware knows nothing about armed or bypassed.

It would take a change to the DSC plugin to actually use these settings in bypassing zones when a partition is armed.

Vera offers two types of triggers on Sensors:
A sensor is tripped/ not tripped.
An armed sensor is tripped/not tripped.

Currently the Arm/Bypass only effects the second class of Vera Triggers.[/quote]

Thanks Richard. Perhaps Garrett will entertain this change one of these days :slight_smile:

This would be best as a change to the DCS plugin …
That should be posted as change request there.

As Richard States, this is a change for the dsc plug-in itself and I highly doubt it will happen. Most of the alarm plug-ins do the same thing and is a Vera feature.

• Garrett