DSC arm / disarm

I have a DSC panel with and Envisalink4 connected to the Vera Edge. It sees the DSC panel and shows state of panel and the change of state of zones but does not arm or disarm the panel using the Vera Mobile app. What am I missing!

I have never found a way either using the Vera app. I use Imperihome app to Arm or Disarm remotely.

Jim

Not sure what you?re missing, but if shows up in my app just fine:

When I added mine, it added a device for the Security Panel which, as mentioned, does nothing. But it also added a Security Panel Partition which works fine on mobile apps, in scenes, etc. OP may need to add partition as well.

Dave

I just checked mine again. The ARM function works fine but disarming doesn’t. I seem to remember this now which is why I created scenes for both arming and disarming, the scenes work fine and you place your code in the scene so you don’t even have to enter it.

Dave

I setup mine last night with a lot of dding and removing the DSC plugin… Im running an Envisalink 4 on a DSC 1864.

At present i can arm and disarm, i can see the different zones in vera, but i keep getting an error from the main DSC App saying it ?an’t Detect Device’… yet i can arm or disarm the system?

Also, when the alarm is armed, should the armed status of the zones be reflected in vera? OR, is the vera another method of arming the same sensors regardless of whether the alarm is armed or not? (I hope that makes sense??)

Cheers,
JB

[quote=“doinitsideways, post:6, topic:197526”]I setup mine last night with a lot of dding and removing the DSC plugin… Im running an Envisalink 4 on a DSC 1864.

At present i can arm and disarm, i can see the different zones in vera, but i keep getting an error from the main DSC App saying it ?an’t Detect Device’… yet i can arm or disarm the system?

Also, when the alarm is armed, should the armed status of the zones be reflected in vera? OR, is the vera another method of arming the same sensors regardless of whether the alarm is armed or not? (I hope that makes sense??)

Cheers,
JB[/quote]

do you have any other apps that are connecting to the DSC? If i remember correctly only 1 connection at a time is allowed.
that means, no web connection, no DSC android/IOS app connection. just the vera connection.
the only time i had issues with mine was when i was running the DSC android app at the same time.
once i dumped it. all has been well.

[/quote]

do you have any other apps that are connecting to the DSC? If i remember correctly only 1 connection at a time is allowed.
that means, no web connection, no DSC android/IOS app connection. just the vera connection.
the only time i had issues with mine was when i was running the DSC android app at the same time.
once i dumped it. all has been well.
[/quote]

Hi MVader,

The only other connection is the actual Eyez-On connection. Im not using any other DSC apps. It is connected with another keypad, but my assumption is that it works concurrently with that one… And the Eyezon website/app show all of the information correctly.

I guess whats confusing is that the sensors and arm/disarm status appears to be working, but the main DSC Alarm in the App section of devices is what says it cant detect device…

Cheers,
JB

[quote=“doinitsideways, post:8, topic:197526”]I guess whats confusing is that the sensors and arm/disarm status appears to be working, but the main DSC Alarm in the App section of devices is what says it cant detect device…

Cheers,
JB[/quote]

Josh, it is confusing even more when you read the official Vera spin on this.

[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36482.msg319489.html#msg319489]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36482.msg319489.html#msg319489[/url]

Have you contacted support over this? They have been known to tweek systems that are problematical although I strongly suspect that all is good but would be uneasy trusting the system as it stands.

[/quote]

Josh, it is confusing even more when you read the official Vera spin on this.

[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36482.msg319489.html#msg319489]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36482.msg319489.html#msg319489[/url]

Have you contacted support over this? They have been known to tweek systems that are problematical although I strongly suspect that all is good but would be uneasy trusting the system as it stands.
[/quote]

Hey mate,

No I haven?t lodged a ticket yet. I just wanted to check I had all my settings correct. But like I said, I can see the sensors react if I open doors or walk past the PIR?s within Vera, and I can arm and disarm the system… so it works… but I hate seeing the can?t detect device error.

I?ll submit a ticket…

Cheers mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk