DSC Alarm Panel plugin and the "Envisalink 3"

I have a DSC 1864 power series alarm connected to the newly released “Envisalink 3”. I have a Vera 3 and other network items all connected via a switch. I can access the Envisalink 3’s own inbuilt web server no problem from my PC. I installed the DSC Alarm Panel plugin from the App Shop. That appeared to go OK, although I can’t see any version number.

Now according the eyez-on site; the Envisalink “2DS” and the “3” appear to use the same internal API (TPI). Their doco specifies the access port as 4025, so I have set the “IP Address” of the DSC plugin to my_alarm_ip_address:4025. At this point I would expect, that somewhere I should have been able to specify the username and password, which default to “user” & “user” in the “Envisalink 3”. Currently Vera and the “Envisalink 3” appear not to be talking to each other.

Has any one got a “Envisalink 3” to work as yet? Is it compatible with the latest DSC Alarm Panel plugin? How is the username and password specified?

Lastly (and I’m new to all this) will the DSC Alarm Panel plugin change any settings on my panel once is does start communicating with the panel successfully.

Looking forward to making good use of this great plugin!

Dude you just got my same system to work. The port that you gave is what saved me. Now let me try help you get yours going. Try adding your mac address of the 3ds.

Other things to check in advance settings.

1. Address 192.168.1.xx:4025
  2. Mac address
  3. Interface type: 2DS
  4. EnableRemoteArm = Disarm

Also do are reboot after you make the settings.

Thanks for that. It was reassuring to hear that the whole setup actually works - I had my doubts at one point. I finally figured out that a VOIP app on my cell phone had hijacked the DSC alarm ip address when I wasn’t looking. The phone had come in range of my WiFi as I carried it around the house. All is going OK now.

Hello All

I just change the password in my Envisalink3 from the default “user” one, now Vera is alerting me of “DSCAlarmPanel : Invalid Password for the EnvisaLink 2DS, please reconfigure.”

I’m looking everywhere and can not find the password field.

Any clues ?

Thanks

Follow the details contained here;
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12825.msg94431.html#msg94431
My suggest resetting back to default and you can see reasons if you follow posts that were contained in the links.

[quote=“minh808, post:2, topic:173238”]Dude you just got my same system to work. The port that you gave is what saved me. Now let me try help you get yours going. Try adding your mac address of the 3ds.

Other things to check in advance settings.

1. Address 192.168.1.xx:4025
  2. Mac address
  3. Interface type: 2DS
  4. EnableRemoteArm = Disarm[/quote]

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Envisalink 3 to Vera but have issues
It’s connected to network and it works fine to run http calls to it.
I have tested telnet on IP and port 4025 and it connects

1. I have set IP in Vera plugin with port 192.168.1.x:4025
  2. I have set MAC address in the format 112233AABBCC
  3. I have not set “Interface Type” anywhere, no such variable in “Advanced” section. If I under “DSC Alarm Panel” tab and sub-section “DSC Interface Module” choose “EnvisaLink 2DS” I get a response dialog back telling “Device no ready”. What can be missing??

Regards
Joacim

[quote=“4integration, post:7, topic:173238”]1) I have set IP in Vera plugin with port 192.168.1.x:4025
2) I have set MAC address in the format 112233AABBCC
3) I have not set “Interface Type” anywhere, no such variable in “Advanced” section. If I under “DSC Alarm Panel” tab and sub-section “DSC Interface Module” choose “EnvisaLink 2DS” I get a response dialog back telling “Device no ready”. What can be missing??[/quote]

When I set up my EVL-3 recently, I didn’t have to set the port with the IP address. I still have just the IP in that field.

Nor did I set the MAC. The plugin filled that in for me.

I will add that I had a lot of comm problems with my EVL-3 at first before it upgraded it’s firmware. You want 118 ( 01.10.118 ), which isn’t what it shipped with.

Thanks for the answer.

I have updated to latest firmware 01.10.118 and have got it somewhat connected but it seems to take long time for it to connect to TPI (looking in EVL3 web console) and it’s responding “Device not ready”. It doesn’t seem correct, or?!

I checked the code and it looks like it defaults to port 4025 if no port is defined so should work as it does for you

It have created 6 default devices/zones, and I have modified the Zone types in “DSC Alarm Panel” to reflect my alarm setup. Deleted the create devices/zones but leaving the partition as is. Saving/Reloading/Refresh…etc …but no devices/zones are created…but after a while they appeared.

Any idea why there is a delay, both in creating devices/zones as well as getting connected?

It have not yet read MAC address …

Verify the EVL3 setting first:
Does the EVL3 either static or reserved?
Log directly on to your EVL3 > goto the network tab and confirm IP address. If it is not static you can set it here but it should not be within the router DCHP allocated range. If you change it, it should restart and remember to modify the IP address on your Vera.

In the bottom if the Network tab, it the TPI status, verify it is showing a connection and the IP address matches your Vera.

Back to your Vera:
On the DSC Alarm panel tab ensure it is set to 2DS and verify IP address

You may be need to restart.

When you changed the zones, it rebuild everything and depending on you Vera, this can take a while.

Back to the EVL3 and verify TPI status is connected.

Hi,

I have used dynamic IP (but not changes during tests). Now I have changed it to static (yes, outside DCHP range). Checked router and it registers correctly and possible to ping/telnet to the new IP from a computer (as well as ELV3 WebUI).

Changed IP in Vera, reloaded and even did a hard reboot (pulled the power plug) on Vera.

TPI status still says “offline” and no IP…but last times I have tested it have had established a connection after some time approx. > 1h (checked during 30 min now). A couple of minutes is ok when rebooting Vera but this is too long. It’s a Vera3.

I think I need to monitor the Vera logs over ssh tomorrow morning

Try the following tests.
Enter IP address only, no port or MAC address. Test
Enter IP address and port.

I think I have found the reason, it’s dataMine that take very long time to start and therefore delays DSC integration to execute.
So I need to (1) check why dataMine startup take so long time and (2) investigate how startup sequence can be modified to allow DSC to run before

Any tips are welcome :slight_smile:

Another DSC related question…
There are IP configurations on each partition/zone as well as on “DSC Alarm Panel”. To start with I only configured “DSC Alarm Panel” with IP but now I have the same IP at all devices.

• Is it needed to have IP on all or will it only use the parent device’s IP?

EnvisaLink 3 (EyezOn) EVL-3EZ

The following setup is EXACTLY how I configured my EnvisaLink 3 to work with my DSC 1832 Alarm Panel using the VeraLite Z-Wave controller and the newest VERA firmware (1.7.481).

1. Installed DSC Alarm Panel Plugin
  2. Under Devices tab subheading ?Apps? selected DSC Alarm Panel
  3. Under Settings tab, changed ?Automatically configure? from Use default behaviour to Yes
  4. Under Advanced tab, entered
    • ip: (192.168.X.XX:4025) for example of my router static IP, 4025 is default port
    • mac: (00.1X.1X.00.1X.11) for example
    • manufacturer: (I left blank)
    • model: (I left blank)
    • Scrolled down under the ?Variables Section?
    • InterfaceType: 2DS (since I understand it also works with EVL3)
    • DoorZones: 2,6,9 (specific to my actual door zones)
    • MotionZones: 1,5,14 (also specific to my alarm panel setup)
    • EnableRemoteArm: disarm (I know it?s ?less? secure, though it?s a nice feature arming the home when I hit Vacation Mode. You can also leave this field untouched, which may be a good idea initially to set the system up first)
    • Hit ?Reload Engine? button at very bottom, and wait at least 10 sec. Then ?Back? at top of page
    • Wait at least 10 seconds, saw ?ergy: Reload LuaApp? or something like that at top of screen in blue

From there I went to ?Devices? and the Door & Motion Sensors & Contacts appeared as the zones I had indicated in the setup. I renamed the Zones as applicable for my setup (Front Door, Kitchen Motion ect.), and affiliated them to the rooms I had setup prior (though for simple applications it may not be necessary).

And bamo! Without any other tinkering, or playing with options, the system works like a charm! I hope this helps, and is exactly what I was looking for after days of trying to get the system to work, and unnecessarily adjusting the settings. Let me know if you have any issues if you follow these exact steps.

Great guidance. Worked for me too!

My DSC alarm with Evl3 worked until the new Vera firmware now all I get it Error: Device not ready

I can’t get it back to work, I even deleted my DSC app and reinstalled it, same issue…

Also I don’t have a DSC panel tab (the one with the actual buttons to control my DSC device). And when I go to the initial DSC Alarm Panel tab there is nothing under the Variables tab…

I Updated my vera last week. I had a problem but finally got it to work. It still says can’t connect device but it is connected.
Make sure you set the port(E.G. 192.xxx.x.x:4025) in the advanced - params - IP field. That’s what i was forgetting.

[quote=“sanders071, post:14, topic:173238”]EnvisaLink 3 (EyezOn) EVL-3EZ

The following setup is EXACTLY how I configured my EnvisaLink 3 to work with my DSC 1832 Alarm Panel using the VeraLite Z-Wave controller and the newest VERA firmware (1.7.481).

1. Installed DSC Alarm Panel Plugin
  2. Under Devices tab subheading ?Apps? selected DSC Alarm Panel
  3. Under Settings tab, changed ?Automatically configure? from Use default behaviour to Yes
  4. Under Advanced tab, entered
    • ip: (192.168.X.XX:4025) for example of my router static IP, 4025 is default port
    • mac: (00.1X.1X.00.1X.11) for example
    • manufacturer: (I left blank)
    • model: (I left blank)
    • Scrolled down under the ?Variables Section?
    • InterfaceType: 2DS (since I understand it also works with EVL3)
    • DoorZones: 2,6,9 (specific to my actual door zones)
    • MotionZones: 1,5,14 (also specific to my alarm panel setup)
    • EnableRemoteArm: disarm (I know it?s ?less? secure, though it?s a nice feature arming the home when I hit Vacation Mode. You can also leave this field untouched, which may be a good idea initially to set the system up first)
    • Hit ?Reload Engine? button at very bottom, and wait at least 10 sec. Then ?Back? at top of page
    • Wait at least 10 seconds, saw ?ergy: Reload LuaApp? or something like that at top of screen in blue

From there I went to ?Devices? and the Door & Motion Sensors & Contacts appeared as the zones I had indicated in the setup. I renamed the Zones as applicable for my setup (Front Door, Kitchen Motion ect.), and affiliated them to the rooms I had setup prior (though for simple applications it may not be necessary).

And bamo! Without any other tinkering, or playing with options, the system works like a charm! I hope this helps, and is exactly what I was looking for after days of trying to get the system to work, and unnecessarily adjusting the settings. Let me know if you have any issues if you follow these exact steps.[/quote]

I?ve done exactly as you did (with the exeptions of zones) I still cant make my Vera to connect my DSC PC1864. I have Envisalink 3 just like you.

It only says “can?t connect to device” ??? What can I do? I?ve tested to connect via my webbrowser and that did work. I had to login with “user” and pw “user” though.