Dry Contact relay receives multiple commands from 1 key fob press

Well,

I thought i had this fixed but i’m still having trouble. I have a remotec dry contact realy, and an AEON labs key fob. I have created a scene that is triggered from the key fob. When i press the button the relay goes on, waits 1 second, and then goes off.

however, most of the time the scene runs 2 or 3 times in immediate succession. only rarely does it run only once.

Any ideas what is going on or how I can find it?

here is the log from the event. you can see 2 runs a few seconds apart, but I only pressed the button once and for a short time…

04 01/09/14 18:30:28.860 <0x2bce1680>
04 01/09/14 18:30:30.117 <0x2bce1680>
04 01/09/14 18:30:33.730 <0x2bce1680>
04 01/09/14 18:30:34.900 <0x2bce1680>

thanks!

I’m experiencing the same problem, also with the Aeon key fob and Remotec dry contact relay!

Running the current firmware (1.6.641). Sent an email to tech support a few days ago but haven’t received a response.

In my case each time the scene is run it toggles the state of my garage door, so extraneous detections of the key fob button actuation can be disastrous.

I worked around the problem by adding some Lua code to prevent the scene from running if was previously initiated less than 12 seconds earlier. But I’d really prefer to find a solution to the multiple detections.

Has anyone experienced this with a remote control other than the Aeon key fob?

Hi,

I gave up. I tried lots of things, but i could never get it 100%

[quote=“BobSCA, post:2, topic:178756”]I’m experiencing the same problem, also with the Aeon key fob and Remotec dry contact relay!

Running the current firmware (1.6.641). Sent an email to tech support a few days ago but haven’t received a response.

In my case each time the scene is run it toggles the state of my garage door, so extraneous detections of the key fob button actuation can be disastrous.

I worked around the problem by adding some Lua code to prevent the scene from running if was previously initiated less than 12 seconds earlier. But I’d really prefer to find a solution to the multiple detections.

Has anyone experienced this with a remote control other than the Aeon key fob?[/quote]

yeah, I gave up on all remote scene controllers and use my iPhone app. The apps obviously never have that problem.

[quote=“jventerprises, post:1, topic:178756”]Well,

I thought i had this fixed but i’m still having trouble. I have a remotec dry contact realy, and an AEON labs key fob. I have created a scene that is triggered from the key fob. When i press the button the relay goes on, waits 1 second, and then goes off.

however, most of the time the scene runs 2 or 3 times in immediate succession. only rarely does it run only once.

Any ideas what is going on or how I can find it?[/quote]

In your scene have first action (immediate) to turn on the relay. Then create a delay in the scene for 1 second to send the relay off command, Then add another delay of say 10 seconds to send a clean up relay off in the event the first one gets lost.

You can use PLEG to debounce a Trigger.

i.e.
Input Trigger:
NoisyTrigger Some Trigger that bounces;

Condition:
DebouncedTrigger (!NoisyTrigger; NoisyTrigger > 5)

The above will only allow one trigger through in 5 seconds.