Double Switch Click as Trigger

Is it possible to create a scene that when a switch (fibaro switch/relay) is switched on and then off quickly (say within 2 seconds) it can toggle a virtual switch or device.

Not sure which controller you’re using, but for automations of this type I always turn to Multi-System Reactor (MSR), or Reactor for Vera. Ditched “Scenes” and Lua coding years ago.

The feature you are asking about is called “Scene Activation”.

Multi System Reactor does support this for Fibaro modules.

It’s actually double clicks and triple clicks of the wall switch to run scenes.

You need a 3 position momentary /retractive wall switch to do it.

The scenes in Vera itself do not support this Scene Activation feature and never have.

PLEG the older rules logic engine also supported it however.

1 Like

How I am using the “Scene Activation” feature of Fibaro modules such as the Dimmer 2, with Multi System Reactor rules.

Ideally you need a 3 position momentary /retractive wall switch type.

I am using the Scolmore Minigrid (MD075WH) wall switches.

From the Fibaro Dimmer 2 user manual. You need to ensure that parameter setting number 28 is turned on and set to 1.

And we will be using the “LastSceneID” variable on the dimmer 2 device and looking for values of either 14 (double clicks) or 15 (triple clicks) for our triggers in the MSR rules etc.

Device Options on the Dimmer 2 module in Vera:

In Multi System Reactor I have two rules. One that handles double clicks and one that handles triple clicks.

Rule for Double Clicks:

Triggers:

In the trigger under Entity Attribute you select the Fibaro module device you wish to use and then select the x_vera_scene_controller.last_scene_id attribute == 14.

Double clicks work with both the S1 and S2 inputs on the module, so with double clicks you can either double click up or double click down on the wall switch.

Actions:

Action #1 – This is what you want to happen when the double click as been detected. This could be anything you like, control another none physically connected light, run a scene, set Vera in to Night mode etc, what ever action you want to happen, you do it in the first action.

In my case I am controlling the lights in another room using the toggle.toggle to turn them on / off.

Action #2 – We MUST reset the LastSceneID variable on the Fibaro module back to a value of 0 after the first action has been run.

Select the Fibaro module device and use x_vera_device.set_variable attribute.

The service to use used is: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1

The variable we need to set is called LastSceneID and the value should be 0

Rule for Triple Clicks:

Triggers:

In the trigger under Entity Attribute you select the Fibaro module device you wish to use and then select the x_vera_scene_controller.last_scene_id attribute == 15.

Triple clicks only work with the S2 input on the module, so with triple clicks on my wall switches its only down, triple clicks down on the switch.

Actions:

Action #1 – Again is what you want to happen when you have done a triple click. In my case here I am running another MSR Reaction (rule) to toggle my side table lamps on or off.

Action #2 – We MUST reset the LastSceneID variable on the Fibaro module back to a value of 0 after the first action has been run.

Select the Fibaro module device and use x_vera_device.set_variable attribute.

The service to use used is urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1

The variable we need to set is called LastSceneID and the value should be 0

1 Like