Does the vera lite support the Insteon Portable USB plug?

I have been looking for a physical button interface to control certain scenes in the house for a while and ended on a Insteon remote control. I am only going to use RF Insteon products so a simple usb plug will serve my needs, does the Vera Lite support this USB plug? http://www.smarthome.com/2448A7/INSTEON-Portable-USB-Adapter/p.aspx

Thanks in advance!

The regular PLM and the USB adapter one you mentioned use the same command set, so the capabilities are the same.

You still have the native vs Altsteon choice.

Thanks for the info! I’ll order it and have a look then, and read up on native vs Alsteon choice :slight_smile:

Don’t forget to check out the ISY. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately, the ISY uses a serial PLM ($80), and Vera would use a USB PLM ($80) or a USB RF stick ($35)

If money were a concern (but granted, in Home Automation, it is never “cheap!”) you could get a serial PLM ($80) and attempt to use a USB to serial adapter ($??). Fair warning, I’ve never tried!

ISY? This is my first forray into Insteon and I really have no idea, do you know of any other Insteon adapters that are purely RF?

No, I don’t know of any PLMs are just RF. Some devices are RF.

Will your RF devices be near each other? Battery powered Insteon devices (door sensors, motion detectors, remotes) will not repeat signals, so everything will have to be within radio distance of each other.

Did this end up working for you Christian?

Still haven’t tried it out as I have been waiting for it to get in stock! And today it was back in stock!

Just realized that they don’t support the European frequencies at all… bah!