Do I really need MCV help?

First, yes, I’ve tried some simple searches, but if you can point me to a link, that’s great.

So I want to upgrade my Vera 1 from 979 to the latest. I understand that I need to upgrade to 1.1.1062 before upgrading to 1.1.1245. I saw instructions from MCV that I should seek MCV help first, and have submitted a tech request that hasn’t been answered, so I was wondering if it is any more difficult than following the instructions for the 2 step upgrade. I don’t need to suck up tech support if all I need to do is follow the 2 step process.

Any comments from people who have followed this path are appreciated.

BTW, yes, I have a Vera 2 also and am just trying to keep the old one working. I wouldn’t have thought about this upgrade if MCV hadn’t posted the warning on findvera.com about being out of date.

@civet,

People have upgraded their Vera 1 to newer version before you and sometimes it worked, sometimes the intermediate firmware is needed.

I would suggest you try the regular upgrade first. Its always possible to downgrade. With or without MCV’s help.

Let us know where we can help more!

[quote=“civet, post:1, topic:168808”]First, yes, I’ve tried some simple searches, but if you can point me to a link, that’s great.

So I want to upgrade my Vera 1 from 979 to the latest. I understand that I need to upgrade to 1.1.1062 before upgrading to 1.1.1245. I saw instructions from MCV that I should seek MCV help first, and have submitted a tech request that hasn’t been answered, so I was wondering if it is any more difficult than following the instructions for the 2 step upgrade. I don’t need to suck up tech support if all I need to do is follow the 2 step process.

Any comments from people who have followed this path are appreciated.

BTW, yes, I have a Vera 2 also and am just trying to keep the old one working. I wouldn’t have thought about this upgrade if MCV hadn’t posted the warning on findvera.com about being out of date.[/quote]

my Vera1 just failed with the 2step upgrade stating “z-wave could not be initialzed”
So I’m curious, did you upgrade work?
Thanks
Umtauscher

Umtauscher,

This is a known bug for 1245 that sometimes occurs but not always.
The two step upgrade is usually overseen by MCV tech support. Have you been in touch with them?

Could be an idea to revert and try again?

my Vera1 just failed with the 2step upgrade stating “z-wave could not be initialzed”
Thanks
Umtauscher[/quote]

Thanks
Umtauscher[/quote]

I’ve skipped the process so far, and I’m not encouraged to try given what I’ve read. It sounds kind of hit or miss. I’m thinking that for now, I’m stable and I’ll leave it that way a bit longer.

Back to this old chestnut. I’ve read through the forums, but I just want to make sure that it’s only Vera 1’s that have this “must upgrade to 1.1.1062 problem first”, right? I’m finally going to push my Vera 2 on up the firmware food chain and I thought I’d check if anyone ever had a problem with Vera 2s jumping from 1.1.1047 up to the current public offering of 1.1.1245.

Also, can someone point me to a Vera 1 version of 1.1.1062. I assume its different from:

http://download1.mios.com/firmware/wl500gP_Luup_ui4-1.1.1062-1.squashfs

Thanks for any guidance.