DLNA Media Controller plugin - version 1.0 released

Version 1.0 is released.

You can download it here (ZIP archive at the bottom of this page): 1.0 in tags – DLNA Media Controller

What’s new in version 1.0:

[ol][li]
Device category updated (set to AV)
[/li]
[li]
Short codes added for the following state variables: CurrentTitle, CureentArtist, CurrentAlbum, CurrentPlayMode and online
[/li]
[li]
Plugin icon with transparency
[/li]
[li]
Init all variables when the device is created
[/li][/ol]

This version will be released in the app store.

The plugin was submitted for approval in the store.
It should be available in few days.

You somehow lost the “1” from the tag version in your link above so the link does not work correctly.

Just fixed.

The plugin is now available in the MiOS marketplace.

I have started writing the Wiki page.
You have instructions on how to install the plugin.
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dlna-cntroller

Hi Lolodomo…

WOW… pretty amazing what you have done!

Ive just been playing around with the plugin and can get it to play a song on my PC, running as both DLNA server and renderer…but i cant get it to play a playlist, nor can i get to play the NEXT song…ie: the PREV and NEXT buttons dont work.

Basically it will only play what ive set by BROWSING to the single file.

What am i doing wrong?

Cheers,
Greg

[quote=“gregl, post:8, topic:180983”]Hi Lolodomo…

WOW… pretty amazing what you have done!

Ive just been playing around with the plugin and can get it to play a song on my PC, running as both DLNA server and renderer…but i cant get it to play a playlist, nor can i get to play the NEXT song…ie: the PREV and NEXT buttons dont work.

Basically it will only play what ive set by BROWSING to the single file.

What am i doing wrong?

Cheers,
Greg[/quote]

You’re doing nothing wrong, playlist management is not part of the DLNA standard (or more precisely the existing part seems to be not commonly used).
Few renderers are able to manage playlist through the usual playlist format, but not all.
To have a playlist management working with any renderer, it will require a full specific implementation by the controller (the Vera plugin in our case).
An alternative will be to consider the OpenHome solution, a solution that adds playlist management over any DLNA renderer.

Playlist management could be the next major step for the plugin.
But no decision is taken, even less what solution to choose.

Thanks lolodomo for your prompt reply.

OK understand about it not being part of the standard…but how then do i play more than one song? surely i dont need to browse for each song?
If i select a folder/album, i cant ever select “play”

Could it be that im using WMP as the server?

Cheers.

[quote=“gregl, post:10, topic:180983”]Thanks lolodomo for your prompt reply.

OK understand about it not being part of the standard…but how then do i play more than one song? surely i dont need to browse for each song?
If i select a folder/album, i cant ever select “play”

Could it be that im using WMP as the server?

Cheers.[/quote]

I am sorry for your frustration but with the current version you can only start the playback of one track alone.

Building a dynamic playlist from the content of a server folder is one of my idea to add playlist.

Note that playlists are already working for example when the server exposes m3u files to renderer that can handle them.
I just checked the combi Freebox Server + XBMC 13. It works well, I can use Prev and Next buttons after launching the playback of the m3u file.

Great to see that the plugin is in the App store now. Thanks for your continued work on developing it.

This may be answered elsewhere, but if I have a previous version that was installed manually, do I need to delete it before installing the plugin from the store? Or will the plugin overwrite the old files?

No need to delete the previous version.

hi i have successfully installed and have working controller…however i cannot get the tts working. any help regarding the same.

What is the renderer you are controlling with the plugin ?
TTS seems to not work well with every renderer as mentioned in the topic listing supported renderers.
It could be relative to the incompatibility of the renderer with HTTP MP3 files.

Nevertheless the following topic relative to the Sonos could help you eliminating few reasons leading to a not working TTS if the problem is not directly your renderer: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,25689.0.html