Disk Space in /overlay -- Safe to delete AltUI?

I want to check in: I posted about the lack of space in /overlay ([url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52304.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52304.0.html[/url]). I am told that I can delte the AltUI files which take up most of the space, and they will be downloaded automatically after the firmware update. Is this safe to do? I’ve got quite a bit configured with AltUI, so I want to make sure nothing might be lost.

Thanks
-Ted

I honestly have no idea. I suppose so but a backup before is highly recommended

I've got quite a bit configured with AltUI, so I want to make sure nothing might be lost.

amg0 - where is this setup info stored?

Hi,

I found (on a Lite) that just deleting the files does not help. The Vera will indeed download them again from the MIOS App store and it will likely do that before the update is complete cause space issues again in the middle of your upgrade. Then only a factory reset will help. What I tried is to make a backup from your Vera, then uninstall ALTUI and remove the files. Then do the upgrade, but no backup. After the upgrade you should restore the backup you made and start ALTUI to update it again to the latest version.

This should work, but I did not have any workflows or graphs setup at the time, I.e. not much configuration stored in the ALTUI variables. You may want to copy the values of the ALTUI config variables to a separate document before you delete it from your system just to be safer.

O, and don’t blame me for anything if it does not work for you :o. Experience seem to vary from one firmware version to the next.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“a-lurker, post:3, topic:197802”]

I’ve got quite a bit configured with AltUI, so I want to make sure nothing might be lost.

amg0 - where is this setup info stored?[/quote]

By design I insisted on the fact that 100% of the data altui needs and store is located in the variables of the altui device. Theresfore std vera backup should work

Not quite AltUI related but I did have the problem of no more space and so unable to automatically update. Unit also showed as Controller Offline when I tried to Login. Also Alexa could no longer connect. Also could not enable Tech Support in the Customer Care Settings so could not be sorted remotely

In my case, I do not know what filled it up but I can say how I fixed it. I used WinSCP from my Windows 10 laptop to connect into the box (username “root”/password is the WiFi one under the unit). Looked around for large files. Found in the /etc/cmh/ folder some files relating to Ergy including a 10Mb file. Deleted the three files, rebooted and the problems have gone.

I see the following files related to “AltUI” (which is not something I have installed or plan to use) among my Luup files directory, and wonder if any/all of them can be safely deleted without affecting my Vera Plus’ operation:

D_ALTUI_UI7.json
D_ALTUI.json
D_ALTUI.xml
I_ALTUI.xml
iconALTUI.png
J_ALTUI_api.js
J_ALTUI_b_blockly_compressed.js
J_ALTUI_b_blocks_compressed.js
J_ALTUI_b_en.js
J_ALTUI_b_fr.js
J_ALTUI_b_it.js
J_ALTUI_b_javascript_compressed.js
J_ALTUI_b_lua_compressed.js
J_ALTUI_iphone.js
J_ALTUI_jquery.ui.touch-punch.min.js
J_ALTUI_loc_es.js
J_ALTUI_loc_fr.js
J_ALTUI_loc_it.js
J_ALTUI_multibox.js
J_ALTUI_plugins.js
J_ALTUI_uimgr.js
J_ALTUI_upnp.js
J_ALTUI_utils.js
J_ALTUI_verabox.js
J_ALTUI.js
J_Reactor_ALTUI.js
J_ReactorSensor_ALTUI.js
L_ALTUI_LuaRunHandler.lua
L_ALTUI.lua
L_ALTUIjson.lua
S_ALTUI.xml

Thanks for any guidance here!

• Libra

You can delete these files but they may come again if you had installed altui from ui7 as an apps add on. In that case it is necessary to chose uninstall from there (ui7) first.

1 Like