Directly Connected vs Connecting via MiOS.com Issue

Has anyone else had an issue where automator.app tries to utilize the last known connection method?

Example: I open automator.app on my iphone 5 where it “connects directly” to Vera using my wireless home network. Later, when away from my home network (and the app still active on my iPhone) I’ll go back to the app and it will still attempt to “connect directly”, which is of course not possible. Automator.app won’t resort to connecting via miOS.com (via cell signal) and to force it to do so I’ll have to close automator.app and re-open it, at which point it sees it’s not directly connected to my home network and connect via MiOS.com.

I’m not sure when I first started noticing this issue. It may have been an iOS update to my iPhone 5, but I definitely remember a time when automator.app would be able to connect via one method and then utilize the other when I was not on my home network and back and forth correctly.

I also noticed this problem. If I wait patiently, between 45 seconds to a minute, I will eventually be able to connect via the Mios server (which is way too long if I’m trying to turn on a light or unlock a door remotely for someone. This was also never a problem in the past…I just started noticing this maybe the last 6 months or so. Any fix on this?

I also came across the same problem but till the time it is fixed its best to restart your app :slight_smile:

I’m aware of issues like you describe. Its tricky but I am working to improve the hand-off.

Great news, thank you! It’s not like it’s the end of the world but it is an issue of convenience since people are moving from there home network to being out of range of it and vice versa throughout the day.

I switched to iVera for this problem alone. So annoying and iVera handles the change perfectly.

Was there ever a resolution?

I still have this issue…always have…

Is there a way to force the app to always connect through cp.mios.com? It seems just as responsive for me, and I would rather give up the direct connection than wait for the timeout, or restart the app.