Did I make a mistake buying VistaCams?

I probably should have researched this topic a little bit before buying 3 Vistacams, but I still have time to return them if I need to.

Ok, I installed all 3 cams and got them all working wirelessly. I can see the video feed from the U15 screen for each device I click on. I can record and archive as well. That part works fine.

The issues I have with cams are as follows:

1. Is it just me or is the feed from these cameras completely unsecured? I set up an admin user name and pw for each cam, but that only keeps me from getting to the admin options…I can still see the feed. A little documentation from MCV would have been nice.

2. Do these cameras actually have motion detection or not? I type in the ip address for the cams in my browser, go to the admin settings, go to motion detection and nothing happens. No image, no area to select, etc. I saw there was a plugin being developed for Vistacam motion detection, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. If these cameras do not have motion detection, I’m not going to be too happy.

3. I can’t seem to find a way to record video remotely. I use SQ remote, but even if I bring up Vera mobile to look at the cameras from my phone, I can’t find a way to record anything. I can see the images (about 1fps) but can’t set it to record. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help. I am really frustrated by this experience. How MCV advertises these things as basically just plug them in and go is a joke.

Yes, and so did I. I’m glad I only bought one camera and it is next to useless. The camera is connecting via Wi-Fi but it took a lot of experimenting to get that running. I have been hoping for a software update that would address the VistaCam?s short comings but I think it?s time to move on. I have been looking for a replacement but most IP Cameras I have researched are only marginally better.